Pinpics Facebook Pins

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by TheMickeyMouseRules, Oct 20, 2020.

1. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    148   0   0

Let's turn the clock back to August 2016, the second "PinCon event" sponsored by the PinPics folks, held right after the Disney Pin Event at EPCOT. A friend of mine could not attend so I went for him and he was registered as a GOLD level member. This allowed him certain things at the event which included a breakfast where the "future of PinPics" was going to be revealed.

This is the first time that this "virtual land" was presented to the Pin collecting community. As I looked around the room the majority of the collectors had that "what the hell are you talking about" look on their face lol!! The Q&A session focused mainly on the PinPics database and when were the updates going to happen - their right around the corner we were told.

So basically, we have been here before. The revised database had been under development for years and will never see the light of day. Virtual pins, right up there with the PinPics pin "grading system", and other crazy ideas to make money and do anything other than fix the database - which is all we collectors want.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    bcol and Connies_Hobby like this.
  2. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins It'saSmallSnowWonderElla

Rating - 100%
    109   0   0

This has been bugging me since this "announcement" was made. It's a bit Emperor's New Clothes. Imagine someone sending you a trade offer for a digital "pin." It's essentially a picture of a pin. Which, as you point out, you maybe already have (a picture of the pin). Maybe the actual "pin" is a higher quality image or something, but at the end of the day ... what?! It's all digital images. Except someone was convinced to fork over $$$ for one. It only has value as long as someone believes it has value. One server glitch and do you even have anything to show for it?

3. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I have a virtual bridge to sell!

4. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    173   0   0

"Digital pin Trading" @momin.ator I'm right there with you. Scratching my head and saying "What The Heck?"

I received a copy of That Email Letter too.

I Read it, until the 4th paragraph explaining Pinapolos City, and Reading it immediately changed to Quickly Scanning it.

I don't understand this new system they are planning on implementing, at all.

Sign of the Tech Times I guess.

I have found ptdb to be helpful when I couldn't find a pin on pin pics, and visa verse.

Anyway, just stop by to add my 2¢.

I'll stay tuned.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

momin.ator likes this.
  5. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    132   0   0

I agree with you just fix the site

6. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    148   0   0

Just got this e-mail. In case you missed out on all of the other ridiculous and stupid PinPics ideas in the past. Instead of fixing the Database, lets do this:

So what is Panopolis City?

What else can you do there? We would like to invite you to come find out!

We will be having a live training session this Saturday at 12 pm pst on our Panopolis City Facebook page!

Please join us!

Ilikestarwarspins and TiggerSue like this.
  7. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

WHAT A SHAME!!! I have to miss that.
    I'll be at a "real world" Pin Meet with "real Pins" to trade for!! ;)
    :tigger:

figment919 likes this.
  8. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    148   0   0

Just got this from PinPics folks. Did I miss where they are providing an update on the database and the "new system"??

We know you’re probably frustrated being stuck where you are right now, rather than being able to go out on exciting end-of-year adventures. Well, we here at Pinpics and Panopolis City think there’s nothing like a good game to shake off that case of cabin fever. The world’s premier pin-trading site and the most exciting new property on the virtual-gaming map have pooled their resources to send you on a quest for fun and knowledge. And the prizes are some of the most coveted collectibles in the exploding digital marketplace!

Sponsored by Panopolis’ Fairytale Foundation Museum, this Knights’ Quest Game will have you building up your vocabulary of medieval terminology by immersing yourself in the architecture of our Grand Castle. Respond to this email by 4:30 p.m. PST today (Dec. 23), and you’ll be sent on a series of six “quests” to answer questions about the physical details of a castle. You’ll receive 24 hours’ notice before the quest begins, and the deadline to submit your answers. Answer as many of the questions correctly as you can within the timeframe given. (There can only be one answer list provided per person per quest.)

Points will be awarded based on the most correct answers given. In the event of a tie, the winning entry will be the the earliest list provided. Scoring is as follows:

1st place - 25 points

2nd place - 15 points

3rd place - 5 points

5-10th place - 3 points

All other submissions with at least one answer correct will receive 1 point

Everyone who lands in the top 10 will receive a beautiful digital patch for their gallant effort on the quest. These digital patches represent the cutting edge of the collectible market -- a sector that’s fast becoming revered for its aesthetic beauty, tradability and ease of storage. The First Place winner will receive a patch celebrating their honorary seat at the Round Table. Only one of these patches will be awarded to the winner of each quest. At the end of all six quests, every participant with a total over 20 points will receive a beautiful patch representing the Grand Castle in all its glory.

Everyone who received at least one point will receive a patch honoring their status as a knight. And the players with the top five total scores (over 20 to qualify) will be put in the Museum’s Quest Hall of Fame AND receive a commemorative patch to match!

Respond to this email by 4:30 p.m. PST and you’ll be on your way. Happy hunting, my liege!

9. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

How nice that they want to make a game. Too bad they won't sell the pin site they've mismanaged for years to someone who actually cared about pins.