• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EPIC FAIL for me it won't let me log in at ALL :mad:
Also clicking on forum which i assume should take me to pintalk somewhere ?? Instead takes me to the exact same login page that fails to log me in to my account which i recently accessed just fine before the site change. ARGH.....

You have to reset your password before you can get on.
Its not saying that its telling me there is no account... also how does one seach for members acounts now? I can't find a drop down menu? Perhaps it just doesn't work with my computer?
iu

iu

Yay or nay? Woo or boo? I'm personally annoyed because it doesn't seem to show the LE size on ANY pin, a few of the pictures are of different pins, and all my messages from ongoing trades/previous conversations seem to have been deleted.

The spot for the LE number is there, just not showing, so I'm guessing it is just something that is coming?

I did get an answer that they are working on a way to change the order of your pins (collection/Trades/Wants) from old-to-new to new-to-old. Also that the "wants" on pins are going to be deflated in a week or so. Very excited about that!

I'd like a way to make the pin images in the trade assist much smaller, as they are huge right now!

Its not saying that its telling me there is no account... also how does one seach for members acounts now? I can't find a drop down menu? Perhaps it just doesn't work with my computer?
iu

iu

Haven't tried searching for members, but you'd have to be signed in for that, I'm sure. Was your account possibly on another email? Try contacing them with your account username and ask for the email for the account.

I should have put a note up above, i'm totally being reactive - thus the Anger gifs. I totally understand web work takes time and debugging. I just don't like it when my cheese moves and have been under alot lately. Sort of straw on a camel's back syndrome LOL. plus i don't and never have used an email to log into pinpics just my user name newcrew. So i want to be able to do that but its just throwing back no such account argh.

Edit they just now updated the site now it no longer offers or screen name to log in as it did not five minutes ago so i guess i might have lost my account.:eeyore:

I have sent them an email but i don't know if they will be able to do anything since my account wasn't email based.

Last edited:
I should have put a note up above, i'm totally being reactive - thus the Anger gifs. I totally understand web work takes time and debugging. I just don't like it when my cheese moves and have been under alot lately. Sort of straw on a camel's back syndrome LOL. plus i don't and never have used an email to log into pinpics just my user name newcrew. So i want to be able to do that but its just throwing back no such account argh.

Edit they just now updated the site now it no longer offers or screen name to log in as it did not five minutes ago so i guess i might have lost my account.:eeyore:

I get it. I don't take well to change either. You should experience me when I have to change versions of Windows. ;) Actually, it is how I ended up getting so involved in the militaria forum I'm on. They had a massive update that caused big changes in the looks of the site, and I almost walked. But then I talked myself into really working on it, as I wasn't prepared to walk away from the hobby over a website change. So . . . I ended up helping and eventually Sis and I ended up doing a ton of the tech stuff to actually customise the site "look"! :) So, I get it!

I don't know about the username v. email, as I knew my account email. If I were you, I'd start trying all your email addresses that you have used in the past years. Also . . . try emailing them at info@pinpics and explain and give them your username. Maybe they can see what email it is. I'd gues syou just have to figure out the email and that your account isn't lost.

For it’s worth I love the Anger gifs and said to myself I need to get the first one. :)

I found the drop down for messaging, but has anyone else tried to actually message another user? I can search for the user but the new site will not go to their account where I could message them. And I cannot respond to any messages since the messages have not populated yet. (I assume they will populate at some point... probably shouldn't assume tho.)

I found the drop down for messaging, but has anyone else tried to actually message another user? I can search for the user but the new site will not go to their account where I could message them. And I cannot respond to any messages since the messages have not populated yet. (I assume they will populate at some point... probably shouldn't assume tho.)

I'm wondering if that will work only on memebers who get an account on the new site. Since they are going to remove the trade assist form accounts not coming on to the new site.

What is your exact PinPics usermname? I'm trying to search for you and you aren't coming up. I searched for myself and I see my account . . .

I get it. I don't take well to change either. You should experience me when I have to change versions of Windows. ;) Actually, it is how I ended up getting so involved in the militaria forum I'm on. They had a massive update that caused big changes in the looks of the site, and I almost walked. But then I talked myself into really working on it, as I wasn't prepared to walk away from the hobby over a website change. So . . . I ended up helping and eventually Sis and I ended up doing a ton of the tech stuff to actually customise the site "look"! :) So, I get it!

I don't know about the username v. email, as I knew my account email. If I were you, I'd start trying all your email addresses that you have used in the past years. Also . . . try emailing them at info@pinpics and explain and give them your username. Maybe they can see what email it is. I'd gues syou just have to figure out the email and that your account isn't lost.
Thanks for the support and suggestions :) Ive emailed them the problem is they've forced everyone to reset their passwords via the email associated with the account. Well I don't have one so no way to do that. plus i've been a member since long before the current owners and so i think my account maybe predated the requirements. Either way i don't use it a ton all i want to be able to do is see which pins people want and i hate having to log in just to see if someone is looking for a pin. Sigh i'm sure things will look better tomorrow. I think i'm just to on edge to handle "pinpics" stuff today.

Pinpics says "its going to make improvements" and somehow i end up experiencing:
iu

Likewise when I try to update my profile, or look at another member's collection, I get the 505 error screen.
I'm also frustrated that I can only see 6 pins at once on my phone.
And that my messages are gone. I had three conversations going with other members about trades we were going to do. Including one where we had already exchanged addresses. I should have taken a screenshot, darn it.

Likewise when I try to update my profile, or look at another member's collection, I get the 505 error screen.
I'm also frustrated that I can only see 6 pins at once on my phone.
And that my messages are gone. I had three conversations going with other members about trades we were going to do. Including one where we had already exchanged addresses. I should have taken a screenshot, darn it.

I am glad that I wasn't at that point in trading today. So sorry for you! Maybe messages will be loaded in later. The pins are HUGE when going through the trade assist, so I hope they get an option. I'm on a 24" monitor and they hurt you eyes they are so big!

I think the profiles and member's collections are in the works. If they are giving member time to sign in and then going to purge trade assist bloating, perhaps it is just a matter of waiting a few days.

I DO like that now I can search for a pin within my own collection, wants or traders. That is handy.

I had this before, actually. There was a search bar below your profile pic and bio, and it would search your own lists. Whichever you had selected on your screen, it would search that - owns, trades, or wants.

What is your exact PinPics usermname? I'm trying to search for you and you aren't coming up. I searched for myself and I see my account . . .
I was logged in when I searched for the user I have been in negotiations with for a large trade... I could get the trader to come up but I could not click on them to go to their account where I could see their trades and message them.

My username is identical to here on DPF. No spaces all one word.

I tried to reset my password and it told me email sent never got one! So I contacted them and they told me I didn't have an account and create a new. I was signed on this morning and now they are going to look into it. It looks like a bunch of people are having trouble. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. I am glad they are working to make the site better. Fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back