• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!
Thank you to everyone who has posted helpful hints. I have managed to at least get a new password set up. But no luck turning on the trade assistant: I get the 500 error.
I don’t have the brain power today to look at it.
So maybe I’ll try again this weekend

Me watching y'all sort through the mess so my lazy butt will know when it's safe to try myself. Hahaha. Bless you, my children. No thread has been this lively in ages.

15bae7dc600e4a77902711c5991a50ab.gif
Haha. Right?!
I might be right there with you and wait until everyone else figures it out

Thank you to everyone who has posted helpful hints. I have managed to at least get a new password set up. But no luck turning on the trade assistant: I get the 500 error.
I don’t have the brain power today to look at it.
So maybe I’ll try again this weekend

I think it worked. I looked you up and it is showing you as trading and I could send you a trade request! That's what happened to me. Kept getting the error, but it did actually do it. If you go back into your profile settings, I bet it is going to show it as on!

Hey . . . just saw something . . . the trimmed messages. They came through complete in the EMAIL I received. But on PinPics, I can't see anything past the apostrophe. Just an additional bit of info there.
Yeah, the email is fine. So I guess they want you to use your emails to see the message. But of course you then have to go into the platform to actually reply so….

The original site was just so broken. It changed hands so many times, and so much of the code for the features didn't work anymore, and it couldn't be fixed or reworked. Their only option to have any input on change or updates was to code an entirely new website that they can control. They also tried to boost up the security coding in the site, which is very likely why we all need to reset passwords, and have it connected to our emails.

Change isn't always fun, and it will take learning and adjusting, but I'm definitely curious to see where the website goes, and hope it will get better.

Seeing that some of you have had small successes with the trading feature at least appearing now, I sent a re-request to the user that I had exchanged info with. It was kind of a nightmare, with way too many steps and a very confusing interface. But hopefully I'll be able to get her address again. I hate that our trade is just hanging in the air because of all the changes. :'(

The original site was just so broken. It changed hands so many times, and so much of the code for the features didn't work anymore, and it couldn't be fixed or reworked. Their only option to have any input on change or updates was to code an entirely new website that they can control. They also tried to boost up the security coding in the site, which is very likely why we all need to reset passwords, and have it connected to our emails.

Change isn't always fun, and it will take learning and adjusting, but I'm definitely curious to see where the website goes, and hope it will get better.

Totally with you! I am really trying to stay positive about the whole thing, as there was so much that needed work! Right now, I think the Inbox is the only thing that has serious issues as far as being able to use. The small things (like Grails and stuff like that), I can get used to. Just hope they improve the inbox a bit, as it isn't very conducive to successful communication at the moment. But, I'm open to just giving the other trader my email and swapping there, if others would feel the same. I really want this to work! It is still the best site and resource out there!

Totally with you! I am really trying to stay positive about the whole thing, as there was so much that needed work! Right now, I think the Inbox is the only thing that has serious issues as far as being able to use. The small things (like Grails and stuff like that), I can get used to. Just hope they improve the inbox a bit, as it isn't very conducive to successful communication at the moment. But, I'm open to just giving the other trader my email and swapping there, if others would feel the same. I really want this to work! It is still the best site and resource out there!
Hopefully there will be ways to provide feedback, I know they mentioned using their Facebook page for feedback or to contact mods if you're having trouble.

I mentioned the thing about the LE sizes not showing up, and a particular pin that had the wrong photo, and they fixed it right away. So at least they're listening to feedback!

I saw this morning that the LE size was showing! Very nice! I'm hopeful that a lot of the issues will get fixed. I told Sis it is probably a good thing we are going on vacation to visit Gramma for three weeks. Maybe by the time we get back it will be more sorted out! :) At least I can add/remove pins from my own lists during the trip!

Good note about the small thumbnails when browsing your (or someone else's) collection/Trades/Wants . . . I was browsing someone's traders and pages had the teensy thumbnails where you can hardly see the pins. Then, I turned another page and - poof! The thumbnails were a really nice size and easy to see! I did send screengrabs to info@pinpics, so possibly this is just a bug that can be fixed and the thumbnails will be large enough to see! :)

well just tried to login, that part was fine, BUT when I wanted to go to my collection, wants and trades, It is not there, not sure how to get my pins up or to check on other traders pins any help

If it is, then your Trade Assist seems to have turned on . . . I can see pins listed when I look at your profile:

FUZZYBUNNY'S DASHBOARD​

1044​

Wants

563​

Trades

3656​

Owns

Going through removing some traders that I'm taking with us for lanyards, and I have to say . . . once it gets ironed out about the changing thumbnails sizes . . . it is very easy to sit in your traders and use the search bar to narrow your traders down and remove them from trading! Very nice and fast!

It took me about a half hour to login. I clicked on my pins, and it shows 1 owned and 1 up for trade. Do I have to start over? Not ready for this.
It looks like you have two Pinpics accounts? Bcol and mupins? If you had the same email address for both accounts, I think it probably just changed the bcol account password (maybe an alphabetical determination). Based on their most recent email, if you had multiple accounts with one email (or forgot the email associated) you need to email info@pinpics.com or molly@pinpics.com and get the email updated to something unique.

The good news is I can see the mupins account which lists 1544 owns, 316 wants and 1022 trades. It's only the bcol account that lists 1 and 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back