• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!
I noticed that my collection total went down by 14 from the old site to the new site. I guess those 14 did not make it to the new site. The question is which 14 though?

Also the links in the signature are now broken.

Last edited:
For the slight variance that some are having, could be those duplicate listings that showed up in collections but when you tried to click them it said the pin had been removed by a moderater because of being a duplicate (can no longer remember the exact wording). For instance, for a year or more, there were two listings of the Kevin Pin Trading Event pin, and one was a duplicate that you couldn't interact with anymore. However, it was still in my Wants. Perhaps those are now gone and that would explain the small difference in number?

I noticed that my collection total went down by 14 from the old site to the new site. I guess those 14 did not make it to the new site. The question is which 14 though?

Also the links in the signature are now broken.
Could it be pins that you added to your collection on the old site in the last few weeks? I had to re-add those to my collection.

It looks like you have two Pinpics accounts? Bcol and mupins? If you had the same email address for both accounts, I think it probably just changed the bcol account password (maybe an alphabetical determination). Based on their most recent email, if you had multiple accounts with one email (or forgot the email associated) you need to email info@pinpics.com or molly@pinpics.com and get the email updated to something unique.

The good news is I can see the mupins account which lists 1544 owns, 316 wants and 1022 trades. It's only the bcol account that lists 1 and 1.
Anyone know how to change it? I put in mupins and it switches back to my email and the bcol... automatically. I am afraid to delete this account and erase everything on both accounts. I'm not playing stupid, this is no act. :rolleyes:Thanks for taking a look hopemax, it's good to know it's out there in the ether.

Anyone know how to change it? I put in mupins and it switches back to my email and the bcol... automatically. I am afraid to delete this account and erase everything on both accounts. I'm not playing stupid, this is no act. :rolleyes:Thanks for taking a look hopemax, it's good to know it's out there in the ether.
The Pinpics admins have to change it in the server's database, you can't fix it yourself. You have to contact them. Just send an email saying you have 2 accounts and what email needs to be associated with each one. It *has* to be separate email addresses. They will reply back to you with a screenshot and then you can reset the password.

I had to do this with my hopemax and hopemaxall accounts. Although, they misspelled the second email and now I'm waiting for them to fix it.

Good news! This morning, when you are browsing pins (not in your collections) on PinPics, if you hover over a pin with your mouse - the check boxes come up for "Own, Want and Trade"! Super good!
FWIW, I don’t think that is new. That was happening since the change. I actually have mixed feelings on it. It definitely has convenience. But you need to make sure your cursor is to the side when scrolling as they keep opening and closing otherwise. I was starting to get a little seasick. :)

Last edited:
FWIW, I don’t think that is new. That was happening since the change. I actually have mixed feelings on it. It definitely has convenience. But you need to make sure your cursor is to the side when drilling as they keep opening and closing otherwise. I was starting to get a little seasick.

Oh, it wasn't working for me yesterday. I'd much rather have this than have to open every page just to mark a pin. Prefer it to the old way where the check boxes popped up and blocked the picture and PP number!

I think it worked. I looked you up and it is showing you as trading and I could send you a trade request! That's what happened to me. Kept getting the error, but it did actually do it. If you go back into your profile settings, I bet it is going to show it as on!
Thank you!
My trade assistant does show turned on now.
But I did not see any trade request :0(

OMG.. I will stay away from the site until the dust settles. If that is ever going to happen. Never got the e-mail saying that the site was going to cut over to a new format.

OMG.. I will stay away from the site until the dust settles. If that is ever going to happen. Never got the e-mail saying that the site was going to cut over to a new format.

I finally found mine in the spam box. But i believe they didn't send it until AFTER they changed the site. Agree that it would have been helpful to know it was coming and have a bit of time to prepare and print off collections. Though i think i still have mine downloaded into pdf somewhere but not recently.

They must be working on the messages feature, because when I click on it today it has a whole list of errors.
I did make contact with the trader I was ready to mail pins to and re-exchanged addresses last night. Very glad that I also received an email copy of that message, since I can't look at it on the website right now.
I'm really hoping that soon we'll be able to message other users like we used to, even without a specific trade request. I had been communicating with someone who was willing to trade a few pins with me, even though none of my traders was on their wants list, but right now there's no way for me to contact them.

Does anyone know how to compare your traders with someone else's wants?

The compare feature is in the works. A lot of features and fixes are being worked on and will keep coming over the next week or so.

Never got the e-mail saying that the site was going to cut over to a new format.

They sent out an email about a week before the beginning of March, I'm thinking. I got it. That's what gave you notice that it was going to change over. They also had the notice on the front page of PinPics at the same time. Also, between March 1st and March 7th, you had your same collections and account and could access them.

Got a new update email with some good news! Especially knowing what is currently being worked on, as well!

UPDATES on PinPics.com
Current Issues 3-11-23 5:30pm EST​

Items Fixed
  1. Searching for Pins - Now all Titles and Descriptions are being searched as you look for pins.
  2. In Your Collection - You can now OWN, Want and Trade the same pin.
  3. In your MY Pins Dashboard - you can search for Newest or Oldest amongst all of your tabs: Want, Trade and Own.
  4. On the Pin Screen in the Pin Statistics you will see a link to the number of those Wanting or Trading the pin. This is not in a list view yet but it is coming.
  5. In Your Messages there is now a trash can so you can delete messages.

Items In the Process of being Fixed
  1. An Icon to add to your Owns and Wants that allows you to show them as a Grail in your collection or a Deep ISO (in search of). Looking to add 3 levels for this and working on the best icon to use.
  2. COMPARE Feature - Working on add this into the site. The programmer knows this is a major function we need to add back in. Needs to code it into the site.
  3. View - Will be adding back the Grid View. Also looking to toggle between 50 - 100 pins per page.
  4. Printing - Looking to condense the area of the pins to make it easier to print and not use as many pieces of paper. This again may be a toggle. Because you can now filter the results of your own collection (Wants, Trades or Own) you might want the information to be bigger. Again we are looking at the options.
Thank you for your patience with us. We knew so many users were having issues with the OLD site and felt it necessary to launch the site. We had beta tested the site, but these items did not get filtered back to us. So thank you for letting us know and we are on top of fixing all of the issues the fastest and best way we can. If you continue to have issues please let us know at the emails below:
1. Email molly@pinpics.com or info@pinpics.com and add the screenshot of the error you are receiving.
2. There is a post on PinPics facebook page where you can reach us. I will PM you and get your info and any screenshots to send to our programmers. We have helped many this way and that is what we want to do….help you!
3. There is a post on the PinPics Instagram Page as well we will be checking.
4. You can PM me directly through facebook with messenger. Molly Anne Ludwig

s Anyone know how to change it? I put in mupins and it switches back to my email and the bcol... automatically. I am afraid to delete this account and erase everything on both accounts. I'm not playing stupid, this is no act. :rolleyes:Thanks for taking a look hopemax, it's good to know it's out there in the ether.
having the same issues with computer and tablet.

Pull down menu - dashboard
well have managed to get new pass set up but still no pin pictures sayes I don't have any owns, wants, traders that is how I found out my pins were not listed pulling down the dashboard this is nuts, I have too many pins to start over and don't have lists of them to put in

well have managed to get new pass set up but still no pin pictures sayes I don't have any owns, wants, traders that is how I found out my pins were not listed pulling down the dashboard this is nuts, I have too many pins to start over and don't have lists of them to put in
I very strongly suspect you have multiple accounts. It may be something you have forgotten.

For 20 years, Pinpics logins were username + password. This has changed. It is now email + password. They did set it up so that you can use username + password as an alias to login, but as far as the backend is concerned it is email + password. So you may think you are logging into the fuzzybunny account, but I suspect you are not actually doing that.

I can see an account called fuzzybunny that contains 1044 Wants, 563 Trades, 3656 Owns. I also see an account called fuzzybunny1 that has 1 want, 0 trade, 0 own. If that is what you see, you are logged into the fuzzybunny1 account and not the fuzzybunny account. If you truly see 0,0,0 then I would guess you are logged into a third account.

Go to the Edit Profile screen, which is found in the dropdown for Dashboard or by clicking on the blue & white button that is on the far right. The first field in the 2nd row is "Username." What does it say there?

I told Bruce that Pinpics admins would have to fix this. But then I thought there might be a way for users to fix it directly. But you need to have another valid email address you can put in the email field. For example, if you have a Gmail email and an ancient Yahoo email, then change the email of the Pinpics account you *can* log into to the Yahoo email and save. Then, go back to the "Change Password" page and request a new password for a 2nd time of the email you *want* to use. Hopefully, then it will no longer see the fuzzybunny1 account but the fuzzybunny account. Go back to the Edit Profile page and check the username to make sure it's the right one. If it shows another account, then repeat the process with another alternate email.

If that sounds too complicated, then you will have to notify Pinpics and tell them you believe you have multiple accounts, but you don't know what they are, but the fuzzybunny account, and no other account needs to be the email you use.

Your computer and tablet have absolutely nothing to do with anything. It's all an issue with Pinpics server's database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back