• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pins bring me joy

Pins bring me joy

Ajk

Let's party like its 2019.
Rating - 100%
211   0   0
I have all my pins from the FairyTails trip laid out on my kitchen table. I will need to move them and put them away soon, but for now I just moved them to the side so the wife and I can eat. I work from home and, when things get a bit tense, I pace. I keep finding myself walking over to the table and I can't help but smile when I look at the pins. Doesn't matter if it's the HM that was the last one I needed for an old set; HMs from brand new sets that I am just starting; a pin that I was able to make a good trade for; a pin someone gave me; a pin from a trade that made someone else happy; AP board pulls that align with my collections; AP board pulls that don't align at all (I really like APs from the boards); amazing pins I got off the BiS board; or pins that are just going to go in my trader bag and get me some other pin eventually. I just enjoy every single one of them (and all other pins that come to me). Pins make me happy. That's all I wanted to say. Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
I have all my pins from the FairyTails trip laid out on my kitchen table. I will need to move them and put them away soon, but for now I just moved them to the side so the wife and I can eat. I work from home and, when things get a bit tense, I pace. I keep finding myself walking over to the table and I can't help but smile when I look at the pins. Doesn't matter if it's the HM that was the last one I needed for an old set; HMs from brand new sets that I am just starting; a pin that I was able to make a good trade for; a pin someone gave me; a pin from a trade that made someone else happy; AP board pulls that align with my collections; AP board pulls that don't align at all (I really like APs from the boards); amazing pins I got off the BiS board; or pins that are just going to go in my trader bag and get me some other pin eventually. I just enjoy every single one of them (and all other pins that come to me). Pins make me happy. That's all I wanted to say. Thanks for listening.
That means you're doing it right. ;)

I felt the exact same way leaving the event! In terms of casual things, I can't imagine something that makes me happier than pins. Obviously things like a nice house, job, etc trump that, but for fun stuff? This event was amazing. I left each day grinning from ear to ear. I've been having a rough time lately but this made it all worth the trouble. I can't wait for next year or the next event. I don't normally get cheesy over stuff but I feel this was deserving of it.

I work from home too, and this is what I see everyday:
i6AqtXE.jpg

I don't work just for pin money obviously (I wish!), but many of my pins have memories associated with them, of trips I've taken with my family, of gifts given and received, of friendships forged. They remind me of how fortunate I am, of how good my life really is.

Back