Pins bring me joy

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Ajk, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

I have all my pins from the FairyTails trip laid out on my kitchen table. I will need to move them and put them away soon, but for now I just moved them to the side so the wife and I can eat. I work from home and, when things get a bit tense, I pace. I keep finding myself walking over to the table and I can't help but smile when I look at the pins. Doesn't matter if it's the HM that was the last one I needed for an old set; HMs from brand new sets that I am just starting; a pin that I was able to make a good trade for; a pin someone gave me; a pin from a trade that made someone else happy; AP board pulls that align with my collections; AP board pulls that don't align at all (I really like APs from the boards); amazing pins I got off the BiS board; or pins that are just going to go in my trader bag and get me some other pin eventually. I just enjoy every single one of them (and all other pins that come to me). Pins make me happy. That's all I wanted to say. Thanks for listening.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    timeerkat, TiggerSue, Ocean7 and 32 others like this.
  2. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    82   0   0

3. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

That means you're doing it right. ;)

4. akarih

akarih Disappearing Cat Enthusiast

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Glad you had a wonderful time at the event! Wish I could have been there to experience it with you all!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SoraPandora, pincrazy and Ajk like this.
  5. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

Love this positivity! Reading this made me smile.

6. pincrazy

pincrazy Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Congrats on finding JOY/HAPPINESS:stitch:

Ajk likes this.
  7. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I felt the exact same way leaving the event! In terms of casual things, I can't imagine something that makes me happier than pins. Obviously things like a nice house, job, etc trump that, but for fun stuff? This event was amazing. I left each day grinning from ear to ear. I've been having a rough time lately but this made it all worth the trouble. I can't wait for next year or the next event. I don't normally get cheesy over stuff but I feel this was deserving of it.

8. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    154   0   0

I work from home too, and this is what I see everyday:
    [​IMG]

I don't work just for pin money obviously (I wish!), but many of my pins have memories associated with them, of trips I've taken with my family, of gifts given and received, of friendships forged. They remind me of how fortunate I am, of how good my life really is.

9. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

All I have to say: Ditto

Ajk likes this.
  10. Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After Member

0   0   0

I love looking back at my pins as memories. Each one tells a little story or is its own souveniour. Glad to see I’m not crazy and there are more out there!

SoraPandora and Ajk like this.
  11. AidanShepard

AidanShepard A Villainous Villain!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Mood though! I love looking at my pins, and I can remember the trades for a lot of them. They always make me happy and I especially love the ones where someone else was happy.

akarih, SoraPandora and Ajk like this.