• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Possible fake WDI pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible fake WDI pin?

AshleyV

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I've been holding onto this pin for a couple of months, but have been resistant to adding it to my collection because I think it might be counterfeit. There are no scrapper warnings for it on PinPics; however, when I had a similar Hook pin (now traded away), the back of this one looked a little different -- the posts are a little thinner and the spacing between the copyright and pin descriptors isn't even, nor is the font size. There is also a discrepancy between the front of this pin and its corresponding image on PinPics: her hair bow and lips appear more maroon than bright red.

If anyone has a similar pin from this series and can let me know if this looks off (or, by some happy miracle, looks just fine), I'd appreciate it.

8u4sy4U.jpg

iT6wGbr.jpg

The green reflection on the back of the pin is just from my phone case and not part of the coloring of the pin.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

I can't speak 100% but I believe it is a counterfeit. Look at Snow White's profile, The set metal looks thicker then the pinpics version; there is little white around her eyes(left side in particular) or around her collar at the bottom in comparison. Another scrapper comparison site(can't link) also lists the WDI badge series 2/2009(not this pin directly) as being sold by Chinese bulk sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back