• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Private Messages not coming through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Private Messages not coming through

TonkaToy

Scrapper Spotter!
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Hi,
I was told that a private message had been sent to me (in response to a message I sent) but I never received it.
Anyone else have this problem? What do I do to fix it?
I sent a message to the website 'contact us' box.

Thanks

No idea, I've been getting all mine. Have you asked the sender to resend?

Yes, the sender is aware. ;) We are going to try another route to communicate.
I have received messages from some people, but not all. So maybe it is me...or maybe it is them.

Thanks

This is the first I'm hearing of this, with the possible exception of inbox capacity (as Ksnuggles suggested). Is it possible that either your intended recipient's inbox or your inbox (if you intended to save a copy in your sent messages folder) or both is nearing/at capacity? If so, I'm not sure, but I think messages might be rejected as there is no place for them to go.

I have 5 messages. 2 in my in box and three in my sent. So I don't think that is the cause, at least not in my end.

I sent a message to Cicada on FB so will see if he can respond.

In the meantime, ask the person to check their "sent messages" to see if they actually did send it to the correct person.

If capacity is reached, the message will not send and the sender will actually get a message from DPF saying that the message cannot be sent because the recipient has reached full capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back