• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Q&A sessions with LANSAM and PinPics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q&A sessions with LANSAM and PinPics

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
OK, this is not a bash thread, this is not a gripe thread, no arguing PLEASE.

LANSAM just posted this thread over on PinTalk

Questions and Answers

Hi Everyone,
We have completed the initial designs of the new pinpics and it's better than we first imagined!! We hope you will be as happy as we are. As you know we have been very busy lately and many questions have arisen in the meantime. We feel it's important to set aside a time to begin answering your questions until the launch. We would like to begin a series of Q&A threads/chats and here's the how and when. PM us your questions now through 6pm sunday, we will post a thread on pintalk including the questions and answers at 4:30 pm (pacific time) tuesday march 27. We have set up an off site chat, the link will be posted in the Q&A thread. The chat will be open tuesday march 27 from 5pm-7pm (pacific time) where you can discuss the thread and we will be there as well to address any further questions. There will also be a reveal for the new site so get excited!!
See you on tuesday.
Lansam

I think this is a great idea myself and have already submitted 3 questions. If the mods here approve of it, I am sure we can have discussion about questions to ask, questions we are asking (so they are not swamped with repeats), etc. AS LONG AS IT IS KEPT POLITE AND CIVIL!!!!

For those who are not members of PinTalk, maybe a member from both boards would be willing to ask legitimate questions on your behalf as long as they are relevant to the topic at hand?

Bill

Great to have an open forum where everyone can ask questions UNLESS YOU ARE BANNED for asking questions.

Remember, my problem started when I was banned after asking questions and then my friends were banned. How do WE get our concerns addressed?

Great to have an open forum where everyone can ask questions UNLESS YOU ARE BANNED for asking questions.

Remember, my problem started when I was banned after asking questions and then my friends were banned. How do WE get our concerns addressed?

Maybe if you act like the adult and lawyer you claim to be, then someone will be nice enough to ask for you.

Without going into those questions all over again, I can not answer that. If you want to ask questions that are appropriate to ask, I am sure someone here will help you get that message across. These are not to be questions about anything legal, ownership concerns, etc. This is about what we want to see, what might change in functionality, etc.

As an example, here are the 3 questions I submitted so far
1)In the last major update Figgy & Britt did, it was said that inactive accounts would be removed from trade haves/wants in order to more accurately show who has a pin for trade and who actively is looking for a pin. Will that continue with the new site, and if so, how often will the accounts be updated/removed?

2)Will the new site have the ability to do user specific trade requests, i.e. if I want to try and do a multiple pin trade for one really rare trade, I focus on one person and chose pins I would like to trade for. That way I am not sending random requests to people who may only have one pin out of the multiple I am looking for

3)Will there be a new feedback system or will the Reference Center still be used? If a new system, is there any way to port the existing trade feedback from the reference center for those who have them?

BTW, I already PMed both Cicada and Bricklayer about the thread, and asked that it be kept open as it does serve a valid purpose if everyone behaves! But we have to behave, and act accordingly, otherwise I will be the first to call for it's closure. No name calling, no snide comments, zip, zilch, NADA!

Last edited:
BTW, I cannot even access the forum. My IP Is blocked. So, asking others to do this for me, is rather burdensome.

I'm not one to support ban evasions but changing your ip is not hard to do. If you're smart enough to lurk then I'm sure you'll be able to at least see the threads

I am not the only ONE concerned about bannings from Pinpics.

What if someone asked the WRONG question in a PM? Why not make everything public? My belief is this PM thing is for PINPICS to find the peope who disagee and BAN them too. Put it all in the open...then you can judge for yourself if someone is being inappropiate or not and see what happens to them.

Nothing is solved by having a secret PM system. Have it ALL open.

Last edited:
Awwww, Diana, please give it a rest . We reap what we sow . I don't know you on a personal level and I'm sure you are a sweetie . I know dancecats and she said you are sweet , thats enough for me . Have you ever tried apologizing to xiolin and asking for a 2nd chance ?

I am not the only ONE concerned about bannings from Pinpics.

What if someone asked the WRONG question in a PM? Why not make everything public? My belief is this PM thing is for PINPICS to find the peope who disagee and BAN them too. Put it all in the open...then you can judge for yourself if someone is being inappropiate or not and see what happens to them.

Nothing is solved by having a secret PM system. Have it ALL open.

Asking about new rules that govern PinPics might not be a bad thing if phrased properly, about multiple accounts, trying to sell pins via the trade system, etc. Phrase it where it is not be accusatory or rude, and maybe someone will ask it for you.

As for making it public vs PM, I kind of understand that as a public forum will have others trying to answer or put their 2 cents in on the same question. I suggested public here in an effort to avoid the same problems as earlier in the week.

To me, this is similar to when toy companies hold monthly Q&A sessions. They get the fan sites to submit questions, and then they choose 5-10 per site to answer. There is no promise every question will be answered as some of this has to be proprietary info on some level, but I think they will answer all legit questions.

Last edited:
If you are gathering questions I have a couple that I would like to have answered. Let me know if this is the right place to ask them.

I don't have any questions but I would love to know what is asked and what the answers are. :) I am not a member of pin talk so I would really appreciate it if we could be updated on this forum. :)

Okay..let me clarify - are the members of Lansam already disclosed the ONLY members of Lansam, or are there more people involved than the ones already mentioned of: Lenny Schas, Anthony & Samatha Medina?

my god Tiggernut is this going to turn into another drama post? :( Broncobilly83 already said to not turn this into a thrashing post or any arguements..... can we please be civil about this..... my goodness does everything about PinPics or LANSAM have to be turned into a freakin' negative argument or post.... because it seems like everytime i go into a forum about those 2 come up you pop in and turn it into something else..... please stop..... just stop.... lets try to have a nice post with no arguments for ONCE! jeez..... anyway..... so Broncobilly83 do we just PM Lansam on Pintalk? and does it start NOW as in TODAY?

Okay..let me clarify - are the members of Lansam already disclosed the ONLY members of Lansam, or are there more people involved than the ones already mentioned of: Lenny Schas, Anthony & Samatha Medina?

Please knock this off, or please stop posting in a thread where you are trying to cause trouble. If it continues, I will report it and then we are all SOL

anyway..... so Broncobilly83 do we just PM Lansam on Pintalk? and does it start NOW as in TODAY?

Yes, they are taking questions already. I submitted my three and asked if I could post about it here, and they said fine by them. They will take questions until Sunday and then Tuesday will post a thread with all the questions and the answers they have

There is NOTHING negative in my question. Lenny is related to a known counterfietor. I think it is appropriate to ask and want to know if there are any others in the group? This has not been answered.

The statement was that others could ask questions on my behalf. Well, that is the question I want answered.

Whatever, the ownership of Pinpics is, I think it would be appropriate to ask:

"As the number of counterfeit/scrapper pins increases, and scarily perhaps even begin to outnumber the number of authentic pins in circulation (ex. a LE 100 with more than 100 fakes) what steps does Pinpics take to make sure that the photos and details published on Pinpics are accurate, and authentic, and not from somebody who bought a bad pin on Ebay? Is it going to be the responsibility of the general Pinpics user base to make sure that things are accurate by posting questions and comments."

This is of concern to me of late, because the original listings of the new WDW HM completer pins were listed with pictures of the bad pins, as they came out first. The listings were originally put in the bootleg category, but when they reactivated them after the release, the pictures were still the bad pins. Honestly, I'm not even sure if the Dwarf in the box 2009 DL HM pins are of the bad pins that came out first, or the good ones. I hope they were updated, but without knowing their process, I'm not sure if they were missed.

Last edited:
Totally off topic..I think...can someone take minutes?Like cut and paste the chat when its done?I would go..but a couple members do not like me..so I will stay clear of that
And then post it here..of course I would ask permission first to see if its Ok

Judy

The statement was that others could ask questions on my behalf. Well, that is the question I want answered.

The statement was MAYBE, and I will not ask it as it serves no purpose

Whatever, the ownership of Pinpics is, I think it would be appropriate to ask:

"As the number of counterfeit/scrapper pins increases, and scarily perhaps even begin to outnumber the number of authentic pins in circulation (ex. a LE 100 with more than 100 fakes) what steps does Pinpics take to make sure that the photos and details published on Pinpics are accurate, and authentic, and not from somebody who bought a bad pin on Ebay? Is it going to be the responsibility of the general Pinpics user base to make sure that things are accurate by posting questions and comments."

That's not a bad question, and we can use Laz's counterfeit Maximus listing as an example

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back