Quality Assurance (QA) on Box Lunch - Loungefly Princess Bow Pin

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by TonkaToy, Jul 4, 2019.

1. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Hello,
    I recently got this pin and thought that I found a scrapper (or possible straight out fake) of one of the Loungefly Princess Bow pins. However, it turns out that this is an authentic pin. These are the kind of Quality Assurance (QA) issues that have been cropping up with authentic pins that makes identifying real pins from scrappers and fakes these days.

I have posted the pictures below to help us better understand the Loungefly pin differences. I used the Ariel bow for comparison, all the bows I purchased from Box Lunch had the clean crisp features you see in this picture. They include: Ariel, Tiana, Snow White, Mulan and Jasmine. So far, it seems that only Cinderella has the issues noted in the photo, but please add your findings to the thread so we know if there are others out there.

The front of the Cinderella Bow actually looks quite nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  2. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    134   0   0

Yikes! I really hope it’s just poor quality control thanks for sharing and he heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

I have the cinderella pin at home (purchased directly by me from BoxLunch.) Will take me a few days, but I will post next week (unless someone gets to it first.)

TonkaToy likes this.
  4. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

So, I actually JUst purchased a whole bunch of pins at Box lunch opened them and had to return 4 of them due to terrible quality control on them, gouged scratches, missing enamel, uncut metal corners...like I was shocked these came out of the bag that I purchased, and would otherwise think them scrappers If i didn’t know any better...it was so bad, the hubs was like stop with these Loungefly pins, it’s not worth it...will post what i have later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

@ItzaPinfan - I agree -I just heard from the person who sent me the pin, and it was purchased direct from Boxlunch. So what we have here is terrible quality control, not a fake.

6. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

That would be awesome.

7. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0

Looks like they used a 30° chamfer mill to make the mold instead of the standard 3-5°. It would actually make it more expensive since it's got more material on it. Is the front the same way or just the back plate?

8. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Just the back - I have updated the post with a picture that includes the front.

9. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Lol, How do you know so much about the manufacturing process?