• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question about All Stars Hotel Holiday Pin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about All Stars Hotel Holiday Pin!

destiny117

Stitchaholic
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hi Everyone,:wavey:
I received the Stitch All Stars Happy Holidays 2010 dangle pin, which was released at the All Stars Hotel, and I could not believe the quality of this pin. :sad: It has pot holes all ober Stitch's face and teeth, and several noticeable black paint spots here and there. It honestly looks like a scrapper, not a counterfeit, but I really do not think it is even a scrapper, even though it should have been scrapped.

My question is if anyone that has received this pin, or seen it, noticed it being such bad quality. :(

Please help.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I (we) have been noticing a huge quality issue with recent releases.
This just may be the way it is and now like baseball cards, the better pins will hold more value than the less then perfect pins.
If you bought it as a trader, it could be difficult to trade. I know it is a bummer but maybe you can return it and ask for another/

Hi Dan,
Thank you so much for your reply. I bought it from a very reputable ebay seller, who offered to give me a refund immediately. What I am trying to figure out is if there are others that are as bad as mine, because maybe that is how all of them are. If that is the case, then I would just keep it. But if others come forth and say there is nothing wrong with their pin, then I will try to get it again, in the hopes of getting a good quality one.

The seller did not offer a replacement, which makes me think all of them could be bad. This seller is not known for selling fake pins or scrappers. I have bought from him for years.

The last time I was at WDW, I was trying to buy two of the same pins, one for me and one for trade, and spent 30 minutes trying to find two good pins. I think I went through about 80 pins. That is how bad they were. So quality is definitely an issue these days. Wish it wasn't, but then I wish I could win the lottery...lol

I got the WDW almost monthly and I can tell you without a doubt quality IS slipping :( I have to go through about 30 pins when last i purchased a jumbo.. to find one without dimples or scratches or some such defect as they were VERY noticeable.. sad really when you are paying 35 for a pin :(

Hi Ferret,
That is terrible. A $35.00 pin should be almost perfect. I wish they would not make so many pins and concentrate more on better quality pins, even if they have to add a dollar to each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back