Question about trading LE 250 or 500 for LE 2000

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by stratasfan, Oct 29, 2019.

1. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Hoping someone on here can give me some advice! I would like to trade for three of the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine pins - Belgium, Germany, and Mexico. If I offered an LE 250 or LE 300 or LE 500 or LE 1000 pin . . . could I ask for multiple LE 2000 pins? I'm not too up on the polite way to request LE trades, so thought I would ask. :) The 2015 Food and Wine pins are not expensive, seeing completed auctions and what they sell for. So, they shouldn't be impossible to trade for. Actually, they go for a lot less than many non-LE pins do! So, what could I politely offer in trade for one or more of those pins? Thanks for any thoughts!

Elizabeth

2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    529   0   0

It depends on the trader and the pin itself. The lower LE pin could be worth even less to the trader that has the 3 F&W pins you want.

halloweenfiend likes this.
  3. stratasfan

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I would think that could be the case sometimes, too, but so far . . . I find traders care about the number first. Just my experience so far. However, I wondered why.

4. pins4twin

pins4twin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

If it was me, I would consider the LE 1000’s and the 2000’s about even. I do think that you should be able to get 2 of the LE 2000’s for either the LE 500 or LE 250. Especially if the characters on the LE 2000’s are not that popular.

5. stratasfan

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Thanks! I appreciate the thoughts! The LE 2000s I'd like are Donald, Goofy, and C&D. I'm considering trying to trade one of my low LE Rapunzel pins and try and get some of the food pins. I would say Rapunzel should be a good character to trade, as her pins are usually really wanted. (I'm NOT going to be trading my Kevin pins! -grin- I wish I could be a Kevin completest. )

6. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Yeah you should definitely be able to get 2 fab five character pins for a low LE rapunzel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    529   0   0

It really depends on which one. If it's one that has been commonly scrapped (i.e. the WDI Rapunzel in Disneyland series that is supposedly LE250 but with all the scrappers is probably LE2000 by now....), no. A HotArt trading pin....maybe, depends which series.

akarih likes this.