• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question: lounge pins

Question: lounge pins

curiousdinah

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
hey can you use loungefly pins lanyard traders at the park? I have some dups from mystery boxes that I haven’t traded and wondering if I can use them at the parks.

Some CM's will refuse to take them, just FYI, claiming (incorrectly) that they cannot accept pins without the Disney pin trading logo on them. So I've found it's hit and miss whether you can trade them (even though you *should* be able to).

Some CM's will refuse to take them, just FYI, claiming (incorrectly) that they cannot accept pins without the Disney pin trading logo on them. So I've found it's hit and miss whether you can trade them (even though you *should* be able to).
I know you know this but it bugs me that there are CMs saying this so I'll just add onto this. You can absolutely insist on them taking the Loungefly pins. The only requirement per official Disney rules is that the back of the pin says (C) Disney, not that it has the pin trading logo. That logic is silly, because official trading pins from parks like HK and Tokyo don't have that same logo, so... what? Guests from those parks can't trade their pins? Probably isn't worth the argument but if it's the only pin you have and you want to trade it they can't refuse that pin because it's a perfectly good licensed pin. It's a shame so many CMs don't know the rules of something so simple.

My point to that was really: if you want that pin, and don't have other pins, press the issue because they can't refuse to trade that pin per Disney's rules. CMs aren't allowed to refuse pins period (even fakes, though please don't trade those), unless they're non-Disney properties or broken.

I have traded lounge fly pins to cast members without issue. If I get any response at all (many cast members could not care less) it is usually mild surprise from the cast member regarding the uniqueness of whatever LF pin I am trading (ie, it is not another of the same old same old...)

I know you know this but it bugs me that there are CMs saying this so I'll just add onto this. You can absolutely insist on them taking the Loungefly pins. The only requirement per official Disney rules is that the back of the pin says (C) Disney, not that it has the pin trading logo. That logic is silly, because official trading pins from parks like HK and Tokyo don't have that same logo, so... what? Guests from those parks can't trade their pins? Probably isn't worth the argument but if it's the only pin you have and you want to trade it they can't refuse that pin because it's a perfectly good licensed pin. It's a shame so many CMs don't know the rules of something so simple.

My point to that was really: if you want that pin, and don't have other pins, press the issue because they can't refuse to trade that pin per Disney's rules. CMs aren't allowed to refuse pins period (even fakes, though please don't trade those), unless they're non-Disney properties or broken.
Just a caveat that pressing the issue won't help with some CM's. I've had multiple occasions where both regular CM's and MANAGERS (who really should know better) point blank refuse to accept licensed pins. Period. End. They won't take them. At all. So yeah, they can refuse and do. They're wrong, but it still happens. So I find it best to not be down to your last traders only being licensed pins. Always have something else with you just in case. It's a rare situation, but it absolutely happens even when you explain the official trading rules to them. They still can say no and do. And virtually always it's when 99% of the CM's lanyard is filled with scrappers they have accepted without question and you're just trying to trade for the one real pin they have. *roll eyes*

Just a caveat that pressing the issue won't help with some CM's. I've had multiple occasions where both regular CM's and MANAGERS (who really should know better) point blank refuse to accept licensed pins. Period. End. They won't take them. At all. So yeah, they can refuse and do. They're wrong, but it still happens. So I find it best to not be down to your last traders only being licensed pins. Always have something else with you just in case. It's a rare situation, but it absolutely happens even when you explain the official trading rules to them. They still can say no and do. And virtually always it's when 99% of the CM's lanyard is filled with scrappers they have accepted without question and you're just trying to trade for the one real pin they have. *roll eyes*
Ew, gross. I don't understand why some CMs act like that. They really need pin trading classes because I've seen loads of cast members accept non-Disney pins too. If you feel like making your point though because they're being petty or whatever, escalate it to a leader. The first person you'll talk to is usually a coordinator and they don't seem to have much more knowledge about their jobs than frontline half the time. The leaders usually know what's up, or at the very least, know it's better PR for them to accept a pin that has Disney characters on it than argue about the logistics of where it comes from.

I actually had my first ever CM refuse a trade at EPCOT last week because I was using the Inside Out pins from AMC theaters - the Disney copywrite was on the back but no pin trading logo so he said no. I just used a different pin with him and then used the Inside Out pins on the next cast member in the same park without problem.

Back