• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL Question on vinylmations

VINYL Question on vinylmations

mjpinlady

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is the pin thread and if this thread has to be move please be my guess.
I've posted this question on the vinylmation thread but it seems like there is not much talk about vinylmations going on. Even on facebook.I thought there would be a hype around marvel LE.

Well my question is, this vinylmation that is coming out tomorrow at D-Street would this be a good trader to buy?
This will be my very first time collecting or buying vinylmations and I have no idea what is a good trader or not.Also I'd like to know if anyone knows how are the lines,are they crazy like when a
good LE pin comes out?
Please help, I have no idea if to buy this yellow jacket and wasp girl vinylmation or not.I just want to have a good trader.
Thanks

Last edited:
Perhaps the reason you haven't received an answer is your question doesn't have a very straight forward answer. Are you asking if you can later make a profit off the set? I don't really understand buying something at full price just to use as a trader. Do you like yellow jacket and wasp girl? If no one wanted to trade you would you be happy to have it in your collection? I think the best strategy is to get what interests YOU, that way if it doesn't work out you'll still have something you enjoy. I have dolls that are tiered in my head, my Anna or Merida I'd never part with. The rest possibly if I found a good trade but if I don't I really enjoy them.

I think the set is neat, especially the wings, and Marvel definitely has a following so you'd reach both Disney and Marvel collectors. However I've never heard of these characters.

So, yup, that was a long-winded "I don't have an answer for you."

I never been to dstreet on release day since I live in Atlanta, but when I went when the stabbington brothers were released I had no problem. That being said, collect what you love. They may make for a good trade but only get them if you want them, otherwise you may be stuck with them.

Whoops. Didn't see this one and replied to the other one. In summary: Wasp and Yellow Jacket - both founding Avengers - semi-popular characters from what looks to be a pretty popular series. Your call. :p

The prob is with vinyls is 90% "loose their value" and become 'old news' faster than pins... Very few have retained or increased their value and most end up clearanced which kills the value even more-

If you plan to trade that set fairly quick (within next month or so) Id grab it but unless it sells out super fast (like today) the chance of it being a good trader in 6 months-1 year is low...

-em

Back