• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Completed Game: Quick Christmas giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It turns out my library has “Time for Horatio” and “Horatio’s Bed” so I’m placing them both on hold! :)

I have not heard of ABC Cat, either! A couple different books came up when I placed that search. Do you happen to know the author?

Thanks for the recommendations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been upstairs browsing our kids' books (we have several thousand s children's books, not to mention adult books) to find two others, too! Well, in all honesty, I found them in two minutes. The problem is I LOVE illustrations and can't resist going through lots of them when I get into them! -grin-

Anyway . . . for cat lovers . . . take a look at these:

ABC Cat by Nancy Jewell

Oscar, Cat-About-Town - James Herriot

Also, these two below are both illustrated by Lucinda McQueen (who does the cutest cats!):

Kitty's New Doll by Dorothy Kundhart (this is a Little Golden Book)

Rainy Day Kitten by Linda Hayward

I've been upstairs browsing our kids' books (we have several thousand s children's books, not to mention adult books) to find two others, too! Well, in all honesty, I found them in two minutes. The problem is I LOVE illustrations and can't resist going through lots of them when I get into them! -grin-

ABC Cat by Nancy Jewell

Also, these two below are both illustrated by Lucinda McQueen (who does the cutest cats!):

Thank you for all the amazing recommendations! Man, I wish my library had some of these.

N

o! Who is it written or illustrated by? I'll check our library!

Marmalade - written by Cindy Wheeler

Oh and there is this great book too!

Slinky Malinki - written by Lynley Dodd -

and not a cat book but by the same author

Harry Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy.

@SoraPandora - I think we may have hijacked your thread!

Marmalade - written by Cindy Wheeler

Oh and there is this great book too!

Slinky Malinki - written by Lynley Dodd -

and not a cat book but by the same author

Harry Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy.

@SoraPandora - I think we may have hijacked your thread!

giphy.gif

Book recommendations ALWAYS welcome.

(Especially the sort with pictures!)

giphy.gif

Not entering...just love reading these posts:

What is your favorite Christmas carol? Deck the Halls

What is one of your family’s holiday traditions? Christmas Eve is the only night we have a fire in the fireplace, drink egg nog and watch Christmas Vacation

If you could travel anywhere this December, where would you go? Germany - would love to visit the Christmas markets and see Neuschwanstein in the snow (only seen it in June)

What holiday movie or special do you watch over and over again? Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation

What are you most grateful for this year? My family being happy and healthy

and lastly...
Who is your favorite Disney character, and what do you think they’d ask Santa for? Cheshire Cat - a box? He is a cat after all

What is your favorite Christmas carol?
Probably Carol of the Bells.

What is one of your family’s holiday traditions?
Our tradition(unofficially) is to try as hard as we can to be in another country on Christmas and not home. Bonus points for a country that doesn't celebrate Christmas.

If you could travel anywhere this December, where would you go?
I would love to go to Hong Kong(I've always wanted to go) and visit HKDL. I'd also love to go visit my grandma in SF or my cousin in LA.

What holiday movie or special do you watch over and over again?
Probably Muppets Christmas Carol

What are you most grateful for this year?
I moved to an entire new state in January(and started highschool) and I'm so thankful for having great friends here and having made it through this year relatively stable.

Who is your favorite Disney character, and what do you think they’d ask Santa for?

Currently Tiana. I think she probably never believed in Santa and would save up to buy whatever gift she wanted herself. Maybe she'd get a special mincing knife for Naveen?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Oh whoops! I forgot to add, please don't enter me I just like answering questions

ABC Cat by Nancy Jewell

I’ve actually owned Kitty’s New Doll since I was little! I’m a huge fan of Golden Books, as Sora very well knows!

giphy.gif

Book recommendations ALWAYS welcome.

(Especially the sort with pictures!)

giphy.gif

Oooohhhh . . . book illustrators! One of my passions! I sent you a PM with a link to some pictures of some of those cat books you couldn't find at your library! I spent a nice bit of time upstairs taking some pics of favorites! :)

One of my favorite illustrators (not cats, in particular) is Barbara Cooney, particularly from her 1980s and 90s years. Actually, I made myself a custom headboard by getting a 1970s headboard that had a hollow area along the top (about 29 inches wide by about 3 inches tall) and Dad cut a board to fit the space and I took the travelling illustrations from "The Ox Cart Man" and put them together to have the Man's farm and house on the left side and all the road and towns in the middle and ending at the Coastal city! For the little idsland in the City's bay, I put Miss Rumphius' house and lupins on it! I had thought to do the headboard with Miss Rumphius, but the Ox Cart Man matched our bedroom old British Inn decor more than Miss Rumphius. :)

If you haven't seen either of those books . . . check them out!

Also not entering for the prize, but I wanted to play along anyway. :)

Do You Hear What I Hear

Baby Jesus Birthday Cake. :) For dessert at Christmas Eve dinner, we have a birthday cake for Jesus. :)

My bed? Does my bed count? ;) Probably Northern California to visit my brother and sister-in-law, or anywhere with snow so I could have a fun snow day!

I love Muppet Family Christmas and The Christmas Toy. I'm adding Klaus to the list after watching it the other day on Netflix. It's gorgeously animated and the voice acting is wonderful. I'm definitely going to watch it at least once a year from now on.

My immediate family is all relatively healthy and doing well, and I even added a sister-in-law and a soon-to-be brother-in-law (my sister got engaged this summer). I moved and my new living situation fits me wonderfully. I got a promotion at work and my boss and team members are very supportive of me. On the pin front, I added a TON of grails to my collections.

and lastly...
Who is your favorite Disney character, and what do you think they’d ask Santa for?

Timon, and he's definitely ask for a huge pile of bugs. (The little cream-filled kind!)

Also not entering for the prize, but I wanted to play along anyway. :)

Do You Hear What I Hear

Baby Jesus Birthday Cake. :) For dessert at Christmas Eve dinner, we have a birthday cake for Jesus. :)

My bed? Does my bed count? ;) Probably Northern California to visit my brother and sister-in-law, or anywhere with snow so I could have a fun snow day!

I love Muppet Family Christmas and The Christmas Toy. I'm adding Klaus to the list after watching it the other day on Netflix. It's gorgeously animated and the voice acting is wonderful. I'm definitely going to watch it at least once a year from now on.

My immediate family is all relatively healthy and doing well, and I even added a sister-in-law and a soon-to-be brother-in-law (my sister got engaged this summer). I moved and my new living situation fits me wonderfully. I got a promotion at work and my boss and team members are very supportive of me. On the pin front, I added a TON of grails to my collections.

and lastly...

Timon, and he's definitely ask for a huge pile of bugs. (The little cream-filled kind!)

I LOVE your birthday cake for Jesus tradition! When I have a family, I want to do this! Soooooo cool!

What is your favorite Christmas carol? Oh Holy Night, makes me cry

What is one of your family’s holiday traditions? Not opening presents until Christmas morning

What holiday movie or special do you watch over and over again? Scrooged, Muppet Christmas Carol, Grinch, Jingle All the Way and Christmas Vacation

What are you most grateful for this year? Our move to Orlando

I am so happy that so many people are choosing to answer all the questions! Really enjoying finding out more about everybody’s holiday favorites. :)

Just a reminder that today is the last day to enter the giveaway. I’ll post the winner tomorrow, and send out the pin on Monday!

Entries, so far:

1&2 Sunoo
3&4 MischiefMade
5&6 Booger
7&8 Stratasfan
9&10 BingandNelsonFan
11&12 SplashMtnMan
13&14 AkariH
15&16 Masteringmatt
17&18 DiamondDollJeanette

I did not add anyone who said they weren’t entering, so please let me know if your change your mind! I can still add you to the list.

Entries, so far:

1&2 Sunoo
3&4 MischiefMade
5&6 Booger
7&8 Stratasfan
9&10 BingandNelsonFan
11&12 SplashMtnMan
13&14 AkariH
15&16 Masteringmatt
17&18 DiamondDollJeanette

I did not add anyone who said they weren’t entering, so please let me know if your change your mind! I can still add you to the list.

Sorry, I meant to say I didn't want to be entered, I just like questions thanks for a fun distraction from studying!

Thank you for another cute contest! Will we get to see your answers the the questions at the end?
Aw, sure! Why not? Thanks for asking.

Here are my answers:

A few of my favorites are Winter Wonderland, Let it Snow, Santa Baby, Baby it’s Cold Outside, Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree, and Jingle Bell Rock. I also love “Father Christmas” by The Kinks and “Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want to Fight Tonight)” by the Ramones. :)

Donating gifts to Toys for Tots and my brother’s old sober living house. This year we also filled stockings with toiletries and practical gifts for homeless veterans.

I went to Salem, Massachusetts for the first time this September and absolutely fell in love. I’d love to go back now, when the city is dusted in snow and there’s a big Christmas tree set up near the Bewitched statue. I hear they’re even doing a big menorah-lighting event there this year. (I celebrate Hanukkah!)

The original Miracle on 34th Street. I also love Home Alone 1&2, Elf, and Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas.

What are you grateful for this year?
Family, friends, mental health.

Figaro would probably ask Santa (or the Blue Fairy!) for that annoying wooden boy to stop making trouble so he can get back to his regularly scheduled cat naps.
And also, for some delicious fish. (Not Cleo!)
7ac7d4119ac9ca424188d603532492b6.gif

b1bce82bf5e0f3f22b35e8e07f8f6229.jpg

My daughter just found this and I thought @stratasfan and @SoraPandora would like it.

bHuzcLt.png

How many goldfish can you put on your cat before it wakes up? :)
Holy cow! This is amazing! I wish I could try it!

My husband and I do play Kitty Jenga when we want the cat to get off the couch. You try to pick loose cat hairs off the cat (not attached hairs, that's mean). The last one to successfully pull a hair off without the cat leaving wins.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

My husband and I do play Kitty Jenga when we want the cat to get off the couch. You try to pick loose cat hairs off the cat (not attached hairs, that's mean). The last one to successfully pull a hair off without the cat leaving wins.

I got 4 fish on our cat while she was awake. We only got one on while she was asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back