Real pin eye placement?

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by Victoria stewart, Nov 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Victoria stewart

Victoria stewart New Member

0   0   0

Hello! I just bought my first pack of pins from a reputable seller online (not eBay or similar). When I got my pins, I compared them to those I found on Pinpics and pintradingdb. I’ve watched several videos on tells on how to find fakes and from what I’ve learned they show signs of being real. However when compared to the photos of the real, the placement of the pupil is slightly off (looking forward instead of in the corner of the eye). It also has a different FAC number (not sure what FAC is) than what is suppose to be on them. Does this stuff vary or are these fakes?

2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

The placement of the pupils could very well just be a quality control thing. I'm not entirely sure about the FAC thing though, does anybody know more about how FACs work?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

We don't really know. We think they are for Inventory Control, like batch numbers to identify when and where food items are produced, etc. But we don't know how to decipher them. Different FACs are probably different production runs or different factories (which may mean they are heading for different resorts DLR vs WDW). For open edition stuff that is sold in multiple resorts, or restocked, different FACs isn't necessarily a sign of a problem.

4. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

FAC simply stands for: Factory
    It identifies which factory the pin was produced in. So Authentic pins - even of the same design - can have different FAC numbers.

5. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover Old-Timer

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

When I have had multiples of the same pin, the FAC number has been the same on each pin.

6. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I think that probably means those two were made in the same factory but it's still possible to get the same pin with a different FAC # because it was made in a different factory.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover Old-Timer

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Personally I have never had the opportunity to test that theory. (the most I have had is four of one pin)

akarih likes this.
  8. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0

Oftentimes, I've found that if the pin is one that has been reproduced multiple times, they will have different FAC numbers.