• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Received a broken pin post pin today, what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received a broken pin post pin today, what should I do?

Saphenous

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I bought these 3 pins on ebay together in one ebay auction. I paid $9.38 for the 3 pins and $3 for shipping. I got them today and one of the little pins has a broken pin post and they sent the back that has the post stuck in it as well as a mickey head, almost like they knew it was broken. I also posted the back of the pin to show how damaged it was and it couldn't have been the shipping that did this. It looks like the pin was run over by a car! I like the other 2 pins that aren't broken and I'm a little confused as to how much of a refund to ask for. I have had one friend say I should demand 1/3rd the cost of the final sale and all of shipping. Another friend said no way you should ask for the entire price, especially since they had to have known it was broken before sending it.

Also... the packaging on the inside of the mailer was very very crappy. They wrapped everything in greeting card envelopes and tapped them. Usually people use bubble wrap, or foam, or other soft things, not wrinkled up paper. While I was opening them I was kinda like what in the world is this stuff all wraped up like this...

I would just like some advice and comments on what you would do if you received a broken damaged pin like this one. However you like the other 2 pins in the lot.

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Last edited:
Did the auction state there was any damage to the pins? If not, then there is definitely something off about it...
I would contact the seller, let them know that you received a damaged pin and it was definitely damaged prior to shipping, and you'd like your money back for that pin and the shipping. I think that asking the full amount for the 3 pins is a bit much, because even though it was a crappy thing to do, sending you a damaged pin, if the other 2 are still in good condition you can't really dispute the prices of them.
Def send them a message and see what they say. If they refuse to give you any sort of refund you can open a dispute through eBay.
And that packaging sounds awful O_O

I agree with Gingernutty, ask for refund of at least 1/3! Things do happen during shipping- I once had a package delivered sopping wet with tire marks on it but the pin survived in tact. If the seller refuses a refund, indicate that you will leave NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. If that doesn't get a response, leave the negative feedback and indicate improper packaging. Good luck,

Wow, it really does look like it was run over. And, like, dragged along the pavement for a bit. Agreed with the others; request the 1/3 refund and make sure you indicate that you will leave negative feedback if they don't refund your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back