• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

RESOLVED (Pinpics using my photos w/o permission)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RESOLVED (Pinpics using my photos w/o permission)

Vixy

The Girl That's Never Been
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
Edit: Looks like the photos were taken down. Either my Facebook PM or my email got through to someone.

This thread can be closed.

----------------------------------------------------------

So I logged in to Pinpics this morning to check "What's New" and saw WOAH WAIT WOAH.

The photos of the Rani PTD and Crumbelina PTD that I took and submitted to Pintradingdb.com are now on Pinpics. With a Pinpics watermark on them.

Pinpics continuing to use photos I submitted to their site directly is one thing. I don't like them doing that after they decided they owned the images, but it's in their TOS, there's nothing I can do.

Pinpics TAKING MY PHOTOS FROM ANOTHER SITE AND USING THEM is something else again. Especially considering they took legal action against another site and had it taken down for doing THE EXACT SAME THING.

I'm pretty sure that emails to info@pinpics.com just go into the void. Is the DPF user who worked at Pinpics still active here (I forget who that was)? Has anyone got any suggestions here?

I'm really angry here. Not so much because of the photos themselves, but because they're doing the same thing that they destroyed another pin database for doing.

Update: Sent a PM on facebook. It seems like that gets more of a response than email. I'll post to the page if I don't hear soon.

I really can't believe this. I guess I'm going to have to start watermarking all my photos now.

Last edited:
While no fan of Pinpics, I think it's more likely that another user submitted your photo, than Pinpics themselves doing it. Unfortunately, on the new site, it doesn't list who added a pin. When notified, Pinpics does remove Ebay photos, so I'm sure they'll remove yours now that you've notified them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back