• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

RIP TheRetroNerd

RIP TheRetroNerd

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
541   0   0
As our posts did not come back for @TheRetroNerd, I thought I would try to recreate what I remember.

Retro (Anthony) was a frequent participant in our chat room. He helped @ryanfury with Pin Trading Database too.

A few years ago, Anthony moved from Southern California to Las Vegas. He sold the majority of his pins (Marvel and Star Wars were his collections).

We are coming up on the one year anniversary of Anthony's death (4/13).

Here is his obituary:

Through the generosity of DPF and PTDB members, we were able to purchase three trees in his memory. I'll post pictures of the receipts and where they were planted in the next posts.

It sucks that it did not come back. It is almost like losing him all over again. Anthony aka NERD.. I think about him often. I miss seeing him in chat and all our weird conversations. I am sad I never got to make him a cake/dessert like he kept asking for.

It sucks that it did not come back. It is almost like losing him all over again. Anthony aka NERD.. I think about him often. I miss seeing him in chat and all our weird conversations. I am sad I never got to make him a cake/dessert like he kept asking for.

I know, it really does. That's why I wanted to make sure I posted this again. I still can't believe that next week will mark the one year anniversary :(

Does anyone here (I know a few locals might) remember Mike LeBlanc (not sure if I spelled his last name correctly). He was on DPF way back when I first started. Anyway, He passed away, 1-1/2 ago? Throat Cancer. He was very quiet about the illness. I found out from a mutual friend. I was shocked to here the news. Anyway, thought I would mention it here.

Does anyone here (I know a few locals might) remember Mike LeBlanc (not sure if I spelled his last name correctly). He was on DPF way back when I first started. Anyway, He passed away, 1-1/2 ago? Throat Cancer. He was very quiet about the illness. I found out from a mutual friend. I was shocked to here the news. Anyway, thought I would mention it here.

OMG! You mean the guy who spoke French,

Mike Le Méchant​

He was @Diablo here on DPF. Aww, I hadn't heard that.

Back