• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sales and want thread update completed, ...THANK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sales and want thread update completed, ...THANK YOU

lucan444

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Good Morning
First we would like to take this time to say, THE SALES PAGE IS UPDATED, ie we have only current sales open<those that are 60 days old or younger>
Thats over 35 pages of closed sales and wants threads, thanks in a very LARGE part to YOU the MEMBERS OF DPF.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS AND YOUR HELP!!!!

There were some individuals whom did recieve a infraction for unclosed threads, Let us say just a thing or two about this

A> no infractions were given unless you went beyond three<3> excessive, you are allowed 2post each, we went and deleted many folks that had one or two that may have been missed without infractions, however if you had three or more, BEYOND what was allowed you did recieve an infraction<we assume most of you will agree that we tried to be fair with that>

B>Only one<1> point was assesed regardless of how many over you were, we arent trying to be butts,just to keep the forum usable by all without going thru endless dead threads.

C> No one was banned becuase of these infraction points, and no one but the user whom recieved it and the staff can see any infractions issued for any means.

Once more we would like to thank the vast amount of our sales and wants threads users, whom did go thru and close those threads, it was thru your efforts that the sales forum will continue to grow and flourish.

YOUR continued efforts to maintain the sales forum is greatly appreciated by the STAFF of DPF, we cannot do all of this alone, and once more the members of DPF have shown that they are willing to continue to make this the best place on the net for Disney pins......

Our ears are off to one and all of you......Thank you!!!!!

I must say this is ridiculous. I have been absent because I had major reconstruction surgery on my foot/ankle. 4 days after this surgery my mom passes away. My life has been in turmoil, upside down. I return today to try to get back into pin trading to lift my spirits and without ever receiving notice or even a warning, I am welcomed with an infraction letter for not closing a sales thread?
How long are we allowed to have them opened, because with me being absent this is the first I hear of it.
I looked at Cicada's infraction rules and it doesn't say anything about unclosed threads.

This is very discouraging and unwelcoming. At least give people a warning and explain new rules.

Sheeesh... I guess I'm in the wrong place.

Yes you are correct the infraction system does not say anything about unclosed threads but it does say that you are allowed only two open threads for sales, and as I said in the op of this thread, I didnt infract anyone unless they had MORE than 3 PAST the limit, that means you had at least 5 open threads.....2and a half times the limit.
I understand your grief, my father passed just this month, and I understand your concern, However this was not an attack or a slight for your loss. BTW

This thread on the DPF news forum is still here at
http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?36432-Dpf-wants-sales-threads-amnesty-announcement-please-read-and-pass-on

it was also posted and stickied to the top of the forum for the sales for the last two weeks.
Again we as a staff are very sorry for your loss, however you are one of approx 20 people whom recieved this infraction. This was not and is not personal, please do not take it that way.

The letter you recieved was a form letter that I sent to all violators, and again I too have my own life, i have not and cannot keep track of the 1500 active members of this site,

I will close with this, if you wish to write to Cicada and feel that this infraction is unfair that is your right, however, at no point was this an attack.

Could you please provide me with a link to the threads I failed to close?

I tried searching, but the server is painfully unstable and slow.

I should at least be provided with the evidence against me for this infraction. I'm in no way suggesting I didn't have threads I didn't close, I know I must have. I still would like to respectfully request the links to my violations so that I can review them and take action.
Thanks

Could you please provide me with a link to the threads I failed to close?

I tried searching, but the server is painfully unstable and slow.

I should at least be provided with the evidence against me for this infraction. I'm in no way suggesting I didn't have threads I didn't close, I know I must have. I still would like to respectfully request the links to my violations so that I can review them and take action.
Thanks

Might I suggest taking this discussion with the moderator to private PMs? I'm not trying to be rude or jerky, but this seems like a private matter between you and the mods. I do hope that it is all fixed and goes well for you. And again, I am very sorry for your loss.

Might I suggest taking this discussion with the moderator to private PMs? I'm not trying to be rude or jerky, but this seems like a private matter between you and the mods. I do hope that it is all fixed and goes well for you. And again, I am very sorry for your loss.
Thanks for your suggestion, and my request can definitely be answered via PM.
However, I wasn't the only one that was affected by this, there were 20 people and this thread was opened to discuss this issue which affects how the forum is conducted.
So with all due respect, I don't see why this conversation bothers you.
Just ignore the thread.
Thanks

However, I wasn't the only one that was affected by this, there were 20 people and this thread was opened to discuss this issue which affects how the forum is conducted.
Just ignore the thread.
Thanks

It is not a matter of a the conversation bothering me, it's that there are some issues to be discussed in private. In light of your previous thread being closed down, it would be good to figure out the issue in private. Discussion is always a good thing, but asking for specifics concerning your issue may get lost in the thread if others begin to post. My comment was made to help you resolve your issue faster. You previously commented on your other thread that pertinent information had been buried in the many posts and threads here on the forum. I just wanted to make sure that it doesn't happen to you again.

And with that, I'll leave this thread alone. You're right, it doesn't concern me.

... Man, I am hungry.

Not sure, what you mean about a thread being closed down. I'm not aware of it. Could you please explain what you mean.

I didn't know there was a thread about new changes to the infraction system, if there's a change, don't you think it needs to be posted in the thread that has the rules?

This is a brand new punishment thrown out at the last minute, with 2 weeks warning.

Some other people said they had never seen it, and others said it had gotten buried.

How would you like to be gone on vacation and come to the forum and find they enacted a new rule/punishment and you have infractions?
Heck we could be banned while we are gone having heart surgery or vacationing or burying our loved ones like I was.

All I'm saying is that the way this was done could have been handled better.

Just ignore the thread.
Thanks

So 20 people received and infraction point for not following the rules (i.e. having more than 2 sale/wanted threads) and you are going about it like its the Spanish Inquisition.

It's ONE Infraction point!

I saw the upcoming infractions notice in both places. I checked not only the sales thread but the games and auctions threads as well. (I still need to do the trades thread). The way I see it is if one thread is being singled out the others are close behind. I think it would be smart of us all to go ahead and clean up all the threads before the next notice is even put up. It does take a bit of time and effort but it is well worth it if it makes DPF run more smoothly. I think it is a small price to pay.

Thank you to the MODs and admins for clearing out old threads that were taking up space and slowing the forum down.

Now... lets get that upgrade done so we can stop the error 500's totally shall we? :)

Obviously I don't belong here any longer. Possibly over stayed my welcome.
I will close my thread and drop the subject and go back to laying in bed morning my mom.

I just wanted to say for the last time:

This is just one infraction, what if when I go back to have surgery on my other foot/leg in 6 weeks someone decides to change another rule and I get another infraction, and what if the week after that they do the same thing?

The threads I received an infraction for were old, I'm assuming because I still have no clue which threads I'm guilty of not closing. The last time I posted a sale I think was in April.

So its not enacted as from this day forward we will be doing this to any new threads.

The rules that were active when my thread was posted indicated if I violated them my post would be closed.

All of a sudden you get an infraction for something you did in the past, before the new rule existed?

Its like being punished retroactively for something that didn't exist.

No warning?

No sympathy for the circumstances? I mean, does the fact that I notified the forum of my situation doesn't even give me the benefit of being pardoned?

Clearly, I am in the wrong place, and I'm sorry I have taken your precious time and forum space to discuss what I think was a poorly handled situation. My desire was to improve for the future.

Its been nice everyone. I know I don't have any pending trades so I should be OK with everyone.

Take care and many blessings and pixie dust to everyone.

So 20 people received and infraction point for not following the rules (i.e. having more than 2 sale/wanted threads) and you are going about it like its the Spanish Inquisition.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

[video=youtube;QqreRufrkxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqreRufrkxM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back