• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sci Fi Acadmey UPDATE - June 3 (Regading Limits on Mystery Boxes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sci Fi Acadmey UPDATE - June 3 (Regading Limits on Mystery Boxes)

DLRPinTrader92

AP & PP Expert
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just received this email from Event Services... Now you can buy up to 10 Penny Arcade boxes per person!

We are writing with an exciting merchandise update for Disneyland’s upcoming Sci-Fi Academy Trading Event! In response to guest request we are expanding the pre-purchase limit for the Penny Arcade Mystery Collection – Video Games (item #16). We recognize this is a very popular item and would like to give you the opportunity to pre-purchase up to 10 mystery sets per person while supplies last.

This offer is limited to the Penny Arcade Mystery Collection – Video Games (item #16) only. If you are interested in purchasing this item or adding additional quantities to your current RSP results, please contact Walt Disney Event Services at (866)247-1203. Our team is available to take your call Monday – Friday, 9:00am – Noon and 1:00pm – 5:00pm EST. If you would like to email our team please do so at wdw.event.reservations@disneyworld.com or simply reply to this email. Please include your full name and the total quantity of mystery sets you would like to purchase (limit 10 per person).

Purchase-with-Purchase
If you choose to add merchandise to your order this may increase your Purchase-with-Purchase eligibility. If so, please be sure to indicate whether or not you would like to update your Purchase-with-Purchase order.

Shipping Options (Full shipping information may be found by clicking here: Shipping Guidelines)
Only figural and framed merchandise listed below is eligible for shipping based on the following fee schedule.
Domestic and Canada:
Items: 8, 14, 15, 25, and 36 - $11 (up to 2 pieces shipped per box in any combination)
Items: 6 and 35 - $17 (each piece shipped individually)

California state sales tax of 8.75% will be applied to all merchandise shipped within California and Florida.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions. We look forward to hosting you at Sci-Fi Academy!

Thank you,
Walt Disney Event Services
(866)247-1203
wdw.event.reservations@disneyworld.com

Unbelievable! That is quite the jump! They must have way too many boxes to know what to do with. Thats what they get for making them limited release instead of limited edition.

I think it's also due, in part, to the issues they ran into with the Road Sign sets being completed (or there lack of) at Trade City last year...

One of the blog posts gave me the impression that there would be multiple Sci-Fi Academy releases this summer, in addition to the big event. Since the pins were limited release, I kind of assumed that the mystery boxes would be available all summer. I'm wondering now if with low attendance for this event, they are moving away from the additional summer releases. So now they have extra boxes that were going to be for all summer, and now they will try and sell most of them at the event.

I just wish I had some cash, but I spent too much at WDW, otherwise I would attempt to get some boxes.

I also asked Disney Event Services about other pins to add to RSPs. I was told that the LEs that don't sell out through the RSPs will be for sale at the event. So, I will hopefully be able to pick up more of the Kingdom Hearts pins - they are pretty popular, also. :cool: Oh, and more of the Tron Disc boxes, too!

As mentioned above, this is most likely due to low attendance, that there are pins still available. I'm glad, cuz this is my first event like this, and my hope is that it will be a bit less crazy!

Last edited:
So if you are not attending, and want one of the framed items, could you order it via this?

I'll be at Disneyland the day after the event. What do you think the odds will be that there will be pins left over? And if so, where might they sell them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back