• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Scrapper or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrapper or not?

lynn99

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
To me all but the pattern on the back looks good (pin is normal thickness & weight, smooth edges, paint looks good...)

I got this at LIAA, may have been a board pull, may have been a trade, I dont recall..

Opinions?
dc872ba15ac4428060aa6354ac891021.jpg
ab39bcfd8d5200ca3bf1efbc90820235.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I believe that it is a fake. Look at the Mickey waffle pattern and how is ends before the edge of the pin all the way around. On an official pin that waffle pattern is stamped or cast using a plate that is larger than the pin resulting in the pattern going off the edge very cleanly. I believe when a fake is made because they don't have access to the original tool to make the back they make a mold from a real pin and use that to create the back, the problem with that is anything you make from a mold of an original will always be slightly smaller than the original. The boxes around the Disney copyright and the FAC number are also rough.

Unfortunately I believe that it is a fake. Look at the Mickey waffle pattern and how is ends before the edge of the pin all the way around. On an official pin that waffle pattern is stamped or cast using a plate that is larger than the pin resulting in the pattern going off the edge very cleanly. I believe when a fake is made because they don't have access to the original tool to make the back they make a mold from a real pin and use that to create the back, the problem with that is anything you make from a mold of an original will always be slightly smaller than the original. The boxes around the Disney copyright and the FAC number are also rough.

that is a very good observation, I wouldnt have noticed that. And now....I go to check all my pins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back