• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Scrappers AND Fakes/Counterfeits for 2021

Scrappers AND Fakes/Counterfeits for 2021

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
541   0   0
Since we lost our scrapper threads, here's a new one.

We will start with the fake Dark Tales (comparison of fake vs real). The ones with the marks are the fakes.

Below are non authentic vs authentic versions of DSSH DARK TALES pins. Non authentic are marked up and most look like proofs from original promotional artwork while authentic pins have a deeper richer look and feel. Some are hard to discern even if coloring is off.

For those on Pin Trading Database, the pictures of the Dark Tales pins uploaded by me are the authentic ones (I will be working on adding this comparison to the database too).

The pictures I took when they first came out were of the ones I collected at DSSH at the event.

It glad that I am not into collecting this series, I just don’t want to chance it...

Fortunately, I still have one full set of the first series of 12 pins for trade (my friend who sponsored me ended up stopping collecting pins so let me have them for a good price). I also have a partial set :)

For those on Pin Trading Database, the pictures of the Dark Tales pins uploaded by me are the authentic ones (I will be working on adding this comparison to the database too).

The pictures I took when they first came out were of the ones I collected at DSSH at the event.

If I haven't already taken pictures of the second and third series of Dark Tales (the surprise release and the one released at D23 2019), I will do so; hopefully soon :)

I thought scrappers are official Disney pins that were scrapped, so are these scrappers or fakes? I'm so confused..

Back