ShopDisney Packaging is the worst

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by translation, Jun 30, 2020.

1. translation

translation Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I just received my package from shopdisney and my park cruisers peoplemover pin could not have been more mangled. It's so frustrating to go through the effort on pin release mornings--think that you are successful and then have it ruined by them placing a pin with a piece of tissue paper in a giant box.

Are you all finding similar packaging issues?

Anyway, if anyone has an extra park cruisers backing card that they don't use--I'd love to purchase it off of you.

2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I've seen infinite packaging horror stories over the course of quarantine. Haven't gotten mine yet mainly due to fear of that happening(but also I don't have the money for Shopdisney prices).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    400   0   0

Yes, there are horror stories galore. If we all packaged pin like Shopdisney does, we'd be banned from the hobby.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

Yes, packaging nightmares abound.

I do not have an extra backing card, but good luck in your quest.

5. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

I don't know if it's shopdisney's packing methods are questionable where there's no packing support to prevent the pins from flying around in the box or it's UPS's manhandling of the boxes that come to me all crushed and slightly open. This last order was the worst where my Park Cruiser People Mover pin went missing.

My first shipment which was for the May 4th order came pretty nicely where the pins were all placed in a tied bag and the store keys separately but the box came in undamaged but all the other orders have come as loose pins and smashed boxes.

6. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

I blame Disney. They are using these massive boxes to ship tiny pins. In addition to wasting resources, extra cost (that they pass on to us), taking up more/unnecessary space on the delivery trucks (which also increases costs, resources, etc) and a host of other issues, the fact that they are not putting in any protection (one piece of decorative paper does not protection make) means they are pretty much guaranteeing there is going to be some sort of issue with your pins. And I think things are becoming even more problematic as my recent delivery was missing a pin. And the box was sealed and undamaged so they just failed to put it in. So they are being sloppy about filling the boxes, sloppy about protecting them, sloppy about choosing them, and just plain sloppy.
    Rant over.

7. suzanneb

suzanneb DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Yes, I’ve gotten pins in a giant box w minimal packing material from Shop Disney. Luckily, none were damaged.
    Have called them about it. If I order again, will call immediately about proper packing.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  8. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

On my last order, the site kept telling me it didn't go through when it attempted to place the charge for both PayPal and 2 different credit cards. It instructed me to try again, so I did. I gave up and went to the App and it finally worked, but then I saw 6 orders on my account in ShopDisney.com and 5 pending charges on the credit card site. I had to call in the get it all straightened out, and at that point I mentioned how bad the site was as well as the poor packing with shipping. They said they encourage people to call and let them know because they don't want customers upset with damaged goods. They do market these as collectibles and I'm not sure too many people want damaged collectibles. I'm not holding my breath on them correcting it anytime soon, but maybe if more people call in and let them know, they'll eventually get the message.

9. a4matte

a4matte Poor Unfortunate Soul

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I've seen nonstop complaints on the facebook groups about their shipping lately. I've gotten 2 things from them during quarantine and both were individual pins shipped separately in a big box each.

I don't know if they just don't have smaller boxes or if the padded envelope shippers weren't working for them. These huge boxes for 1 single pin is such a waste on so many levels - lots of trash generated (if you don't use the box for something else) and taking up so much more space in shipping (think how many of these big boxes fit in a truck vs smaller boxes).