• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

So how much is Tax & Shipping from DSSH??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how much is Tax & Shipping from DSSH??

TiggerSue

Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hi! I called the Disney Studio Store Hollywood today to try to buy the new rack Tigger in Film Strip pin (they are out right now) and with Tax and Shipping, the $6.95 pin will cost $14.08!!!

How many pins can you buy for the basic shipping charge? Might have to see what else I can buy to make it worth it. :sad:

I don't know about the Hollywood store, but when I've ordered from Magic Kingdom merchandise services, it's either $4.95 or $5.95 to ship an unlimited number of pins. I forget which it is, but I remember thinking it was a good way to order a lot of pins at once. It does seem to take a long time though. It took almost 3 weeks for my pins to arrive that way. Hope that helps!

Sales tax in Hollywood is 9%. Cost breakdown for the quoted $14.08 total cost would be $6.95 for pin + $0.63 tax + $6.50 shipping. It's hard to believe they would charge that much for shipping. However, that might be for multiple pins. See if there are other pins you want to make cost more affordable.

Doesn't the store ship UPS?

It's been a while since I last bought something to be shipped, but they do use USS. Although way back when I bought from them (back when it was DSF), they charged $2 for the first pin and if you got more than 2, it was $4-6. And that was shipping UPS ground!

That's a valid point i guess and i the given answers have helped me for sure. The basic thing is to take care of how all these things works and based on regular purchases such stuff works which is the best part of it.

Hi! I called the Disney Studio Store Hollywood today to try to buy the new rack Tigger in Film Strip pin (they are out right now) and with Tax and Shipping, the $6.95 pin will cost $14.08!!!

How many pins can you buy for the basic shipping charge? Might have to see what else I can buy to make it worth it. :sad:

Dang....wish you would've waited, girlfriend!!

So, I am a little confused. I went to the link you said Disney Studio Store Hollywood, then I clicked on Buy online it took me right back to the Disneystore.com site.. How do I look to see what is available at the Disney Studio Store Hollywood...sorry if this qustion was answered earlier...I am new to this site and also to pin collecting..any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tootsiegirl

This reminds me of the old Disney Auction (DA) days when you paid a fortune for S&H and the "pin" would come in a huge box with wrapping paper around it or tons of bubble wrap lol!! Seems postage costs are killing the trading hobby across the board.

Mike S.
Figment919

So, I am a little confused. I went to the link you said Disney Studio Store Hollywood, then I clicked on Buy online it took me right back to the Disneystore.com site.. How do I look to see what is available at the Disney Studio Store Hollywood...sorry if this qustion was answered earlier...I am new to this site and also to pin collecting..any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tootsiegirl

You can go to Facebook and check out Disney Studio Store Hollywood's website. They will tell you what pins have been released. But to find out what they currently have, you have to call them directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back