• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

spinner pins

spinner pins

AUTiger24

AUtiger24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for spinner pins,if anyone knows of or has tried anything.is there anything you can do or put on the pin that doesn't really look noticeable you can use to keep the spinner pins from spinning and stay in place?

Thanks

I'd be a bit worried that anything that i stuck inbetween to stall the spin might damage the pin, or i would try some felt. But again i don't know if that would damage the pin... but you can find a cheap sheet of felt in the kids section at Michaels.

what I was possibly think is like put them on those pinfolio stick n go pages you put in a binder. that is an idea I'm thinking about.will any of the spinner pins move once they are in the pages or only if you are flipping over the pages?

For spinner pins. You could mark the size of the spinning part the cut a whole in the page to be able to see both sides without removing the pin from the page.

how about for pins that are more sliders on the front of the pin?not spinners that are double sided?sorry also meant for sliders front side of the pin that moves.

Maybe a tiny bit of tacky removable glue in the right place, like the kind used when you get a new credit card in the mail to stick it to the letter that comes with it? Not sure if that stuff will cause discoloration over years would be my one concern.

what I was possibly think is like put them on those pinfolio stick n go pages you put in a binder. that is an idea I'm thinking about.will any of the spinner pins move once they are in the pages or only if you are flipping over the pages?
I would think they would still spin as its just the backing that attaches to the pages but i'm not sure. They do make clear flat "rubber bands" for lack of a better term for women's hair. They are some form of plastic but clear and not foggy, you might be able to stretch those out and use them but again not sure if that would damage the pin at all. Also flexable clear baseball card sleeve might work. I just don't know what would be safe. :eeyore:

Back