Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge (visit)

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by watzshakinbacon, May 2, 2019.

1. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    132   0   0

Idk how to properly name this topic but I got my reservation for Galaxy’s Edge! I’ll be going June 8, 2-6pm. Will post pics and stuff here.

If anyone is going earlier, feel free to share your trip reports here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajk, pincrazy, timeerkat and 2 others like this.
  2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    288   0   0

Congrats! My reservation is for June 1st at 2-6pm. My co-worker, her boyfriend, and I all teamed up. (We also have an additional reservation for June 23rd from 2-6, as long as we are allowed to go again. June 1st is on their accounts - coincidentally, they made the reservations independently for exactly the same day and time - and June 23rd is on mine, so they are separate reservations, but I don't know if they'll be scanning our passes and blocking us later or if we'll be ok to come back.)

Kowakian monkey-lizard, here I come!

Ajk, momin.ator, pincrazy and 4 others like this.
  3. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    392   0   0

June 6
    11a-3p
    !!!

Ajk, krand1276, pincrazy and 4 others like this.
  4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

June 15! 8-midnight! Can't wait!

5. pincrazy

pincrazy Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Congrats on getting in:stitch:
    I think, as long as the email is not duplicated it's ok for the duplicate dates and names.

6. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0

5-31 8am and 6/1 8am for me (hotel & DVC reservations). I can add to the 6/1 reservation if anyone needs a spot (the 5/31 is a package, so would require buying tickets also).

I will share details that afternoon!

I'll be around that whole week if anyone wants to meet up for trades/etc.

Connies_Hobby, krand1276, Ajk and 3 others like this.
  7. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

I agree, since we actually are going with our reservation on one date and we are added to some friends on another (and we do hope to go both times.)

Connies_Hobby and pincrazy like this.
  8. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

The entire week... starting on June 1st or ending on June 1st? I will be at the PT event on 6Jun... so would love to meet up. :)

pincrazy likes this.
  9. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0

Arriving 5/26 departing 6/3.....

watzshakinbacon and pincrazy like this.
  10. pincrazy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Cool sounds Great! Any pins you're looking for?

11. pincrazy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Congrats, glad you got in!:p
    Watched a YouTube and the guy said they're staying the whole day 5/31 through different friends that have included them on their reservations. So it seems guests are not tracked, only the emails.:stitch:

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  12. pincrazy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Just to update, on Know before you go- 5/31 Toy Story and Mickey and Friends parking lots are opening at 12 midnight, 6/1 on, opens 5:30, going to be interesting if you have a reservation and no parking to find.... so use to just dropping by and parking, guess those days are over?

Also DTD parking is only a portion of what it used to be, and is often full. They're using it for the bridge being built to connect the lots to parks.

No info yet on how entrance works for Galaxy's Edge, and how to get wristbands. Hope more updates happen soon:stitch:

Shelterkat and timeerkat like this.
  13. OpieDoodle

OpieDoodle Member

0   0   0

Have fun!! We aren't going until Jan 2020 but my husband doesn't do really well in BIG crowds (PTSD) so we are hoping it calms down at least some by then, he's a huge star wars fan!

I can't wait to see all your updates!!

pincrazy and watzshakinbacon like this.
  14. pincrazy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Probably after January 6 it should be better than earlier, but it's still hard to tell. It's going to be interesting how they handle the crowd flow for the rides.
    The only other example I can reference to was when Carsland opened, the fastpasses for Radiator Springs Racers, which were gone in the 1st hour of park opening for over a year. With Galaxy's Edge it can't compare, it's a different following. It'll take more than a year for the calm to happen, and being in the Favorite park doesn't make it any easier, keep in mind that's when DCA is quiet.:p
    With the 2nd ride not opening till later it seems it should affect the crowd level longer, most locals are more worried about breakdowns of the rides. It seems to take awhile for the kinks to get worked out and get a smooth running system, the soft opening is suppose to help but still.
    Guessing that staying at any of the 3 Disney hotels will be the perk, maybe the early, early magic hours that WDW is offering, might be the key, but till they announce it'll be hard to tell. June 24th will be the real test :stitch:
    So glad you'll be able to make a trip!

15. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

To those of you that got reservations: have an amazing time, take tons of pictures, and be sure to report back on how fabulous it is so those who aren't going can enjoy it vicariously through you!

slbrabham likes this.
  16. OpieDoodle

OpieDoodle Member

0   0   0

Thanks! Yeah the crowd calendar and our past experiences is that the week we are going is "low" in comparison so hopefully we'll be able to get in there! Even if we can't ride anything hopefully we can at least go walk around! If not we will just live through pictures until next trip!