• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Tangled Collection/Obsession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tangled Collection/Obsession

JaxL725

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
((I'm sorry! I posted this already under Pin Collections and I realize now it's under the wrong one so I'm just going to post it here too until I can figure out if I can delete the other one.. Sorry!))

Hello!

I only collect Tangled, but I thought I could post a few pictures of my collection! I honestly don't know how to post pictures so I realllyyy hope I get this to work. Haha!

I just found out about the new D23 release a few days ago so I've done nothing but cry because I want it so bad but my other D23 Collections are not complete yet and ARGH!

I just wanted to vent on here because my friends and boyfriend don't understand.. (Though they are amazing at helping me with my obsession! haha)

I've been Cosplaying Rapunzel with my boyfriend since 2013, and just started collecting in 2014 when my best friend took me to Disney World for the first time ever and I got to meet Punzie and, that was by far one of the best days of my life.

I guess people don't understand my love for Tangled or why I am so connected to it;
Ive been bullied most of my life and my mother is bipolar and is very controlling and has anger issues.. But.. some of the thinks Mother Gothel says to Rapunzel.. My own mother has said to me.. especially the "Oh, now I'M the bad guy" Scene.. That has happened to me so many times. Though rather than keeping me locked in a tower saying I can never leave, she constantly reminded me that she didn't want me living with her since I was 13. I couldn't move in with my dad because my evil step mother despises me and I'm not aloud at his house much. But... Since moving out and living at my boyfriends house with his wonderful parents my life has gotten so much better.. I talk to my mom more and there is no yelling or belittling me (we even cosplay together!! *Picture down below*), I don't lock myself away in my 'Tower', I have friends, a family who loves me even though I'm not there biological child. But I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for Tangled. It really saved my life.. And I guess I just wanted to share that with some people who would actually understand compared to most of the people around.

So thank you everyone, for being here <3

-Jackie

PS. As for the Tangled tattoo, it's in Black Light ink and can only be seen when under a black light so it literally "Shine"'s.. Just really meaningful to me.. like, just because you may not see how special I am, underneath I really am powerful- type thing for lack of better words, haha!
11872904_917131728402429_280381654_n_zpspsimtxrm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
11868792_917132325069036_1422120001_n_zpsn1vsab6h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
12194246_953122251470043_34058971_o_zps4vnvxezr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
12194252_953122414803360_1380113116_o_zpssfwbfwmu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
12190641_953122434803358_1923736010_o_zpssedzms9q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
12194232_953122458136689_1264003531_o_zpspnbg73mu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
10422029_682676568514614_3499808582902453125_n_zpshwsstd4m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
10477901_682676511847953_4986686006724774107_n_zpsalpjnytd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
10394830_682676478514623_5032281551740877441_n_zpsrpsy8hbv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
10393662_814133475368922_2591580173732175989_n_zpscyhbfbhq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Oh my God your tattoo is amazing!!! :-D
Thanks for sharing your story :) I'm sure you are a great girl with a great family and boyfriend and that's your better collection (all you keep in your soul and at your home ;-) ).
I think you have every Tangled related things ever :-D except for Pascal plush which is the only thing I have :p Oh and the Animator doll!!!

Hope you get the Designer dolls!!!

edit: Now I see Pascal hide on your shoulder!!! :-D

Last edited:
Very nice! I love your collection and even more, I love the meaning behind it.

I, too, felt that Gothel was a really accurate representation of unhealthy parenting behavior. I'm really glad that Rapunzel symbolizes your power to you. I am a bit that way with Elsa (whose parents also didn't do very well, IMO).

Aka.seim: I have sooo much more haha plastic cups, blankets, the bear and the palace pets Summer from Build-a-bear, figurines, jewerly, perfume and other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. But I actually don't have a Pascal plush! Haha That was my best friends, she lent it to me. You can actually see her in the picture, she is Alice. And thank you for the complements!!!:)

Elphaba: Thank you very much!! :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum :) you have an awesome collection.

You'll find a lot of similar people here with you in that not many people understand our Disney obsessions or doll buying so it's good to have a community like this.

I watched Rapunzel with my daughter yesterday and really forgot how good it was. I suppose with all the Frozen madness and other things I hadn't seen it for what felt like ages. I need to watch it more!

This is all so special! You have a great collection and I'm glad it means so much to you. Here's to more collecting in the future! Also, your tattoo is amazing. Love that ink!

Then you need a Pascal plush!!! It's sooo cute :-D

And there's another thing I have you don't (I'm evil muahahahahaha) :p It's a mini doll from an Spanish toy brand (PinyPon). They have release a fairytale collection. I collect them for my daughter... and myself :-D She has no Pascal but a cat, don't know why :p

738d4cfca208fd24c93e01c555c7f6b6_Generic.png

Wowsa what a beautiful collection you have there! Thank you so much for sharing your story! I love your personal connection to Tangled and Rapunzel, I know exactly what you mean about Gothel by the way (my mother shares many traits with her too unfortunately!) But I'm glad to see that Punzie has brought some sunshine to your life :) Those pins though..... Punzie paradise! <3 I have just the one and that was hard enough to obtain! :eek: By the way, you and your BF look super awesome in your cosplays! :D

Last edited:
Felt like updating

Since I created this post I have obtained a few dolls and pins and such so I updated the photos :)

All I need now is the origional Mother Gothel doll, the Designer Flynn and Rapunzel Pin, Designer Mother Gothel Pin and a matching notecard for the new D23 Hero's V. Villain's set??? If they are even making note cards??

Unfortunately the Rapunzel and Mother Gothel Hero's v. villians doll I recieved from disney- the box had been cut, all the way through to the decroative sleve. Not enough to cut the sleeve.. but enough to make a mark. And the case was not in tact (the bottom stand is not attached to the plastic case around the dolls) and I can't seem to close it... -.-' So I bought another from someone on e-bay and I will trade or sell the one I received from Disney :/ Maybe.. hahaha

The Wedding Raunzel is #674 of 6,000
Desiger Mother Gothel is #4847 of 13,000
Designer Rapunzel is #35 of 8,000
Rapunzel Collector Doll (Purple Rapunzel) is #813 of 5,000
Rapunzel and Mother Gothel is #4582 (messed up one directly from Disney), #589 and #24 of 6,000
Rapunzel and Flynn is #197 of 6,000

I can't wait to finish these!!!
Then on to the pins again hahahaha

Ps. Thank you all for the kind comments :)

Last edited:
I really love your collection and your tattoo is amazing! But what is the d23 rapunzel set? I haven't seen or heard about it, sorry to gate crash your post like this but I just wanted to know!

Hi! D23 is a Disney fan type thing run by Disney? (I'm not really sure myself) but most of the doll sets from the pictures are from "D23". It's a club you can pay to be a member of thru Disney and they have conventions and exclusive disney items and pre orders and such. If you look up Disney D23 on ebay you can see some of the things they put out- mugs, dolls, pins and such. Haha
If anyone else wants to comment please feel free to haha
There are other posts on this website about D23 merchandise :)

I know what D23 is, I just wanted to know more about the rapunzel D23 set as I have never heard of it before, was it from a few years ago?

I think she thought there was a special D23 Rapunzel set (like Elsa and Hans - coronation utfits for the D23 version) but as far as I know there is no such thing. I believe the set was displayed at the D23. The Rapunzel set looks really pretty.

By the way, your Tangled collection is amazing! :)

No it's ok! I really like your collection, I like tangled, she's one of my favourites too, I tried for the hero and villains one from the other week, I was unsuccessful but hopefully soon I'll get one!

Your collection is wonderful - and while my story isn't quite the same to yours, I also resonate strongly with Mother Gothel being much like my mother. My mom abused me a lot in my childhood and I feel like Tangled really helped me see that it wasn't my fault, that it was hers, and to start forgiving myself and getting out of a toxic situation. I moved in with my dad this year and things have been much easier on me. Thank you for sharing one of reasons many of us collect and one of the reasons Disney is important and powerful for us all.

Thank you for sharing Queen Elsa, it means a lot to hear back from other people on here :)
And thank you DisneyFreakingPrincess :) that picture was taken right after my artist finished, so it's not as bright under the UV light since it's now healed. But I still love it :)

Last edited:
You have to have at least 30 posts to be able to post there, as far as I know. Good luck with your sale and trade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back