• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GRAIL That moment when a grail slips you by....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were several pins on ebay the other day that I was minutes too late to get. (They were in my watch list and I couldn't get online in time to bid.)

My most wanted pin was on eBay last week and I didn't have good data reception at work to bid during its last 30 minutes. No one else bid so it sold for lower than its relative going price...

I'm curious...if you want it, why not bid when you first see it? I know you hope by bidding last minute you'll get it for a cheap price, but isn't the chance of getting it for a price you're willing to pay (your max bid) better than missing the chance to get it at all?

I'm curious...if you want it, why not bid when you first see it? I know you hope by bidding last minute you'll get it for a cheap price, but isn't the chance of getting it for a price you're willing to pay (your max bid) better than missing the chance to get it at all?

The pin I missed was a buy it now :3 I didn't see it but someone listed the whole set, when i checked the recently sold items, i found out i had just missed it.

I do this all the time! I tend to get sniped :C I get outbid by like 40p and then miss the end! Same happens to me on Facebook groups though, I am just not fast enough evidently :p

I'm sometimes on the fence about whether or not to purchase something so I won't bid right away. This time I was unsure of what my paycheck was going to be so I was waiting to see if I'd have the money to pay for it if I won.

This happens to me more often than it should. Because of it I now have a saved search laundry list that blows up my inbox daily!

Usually happens when I forget about a specific theme for a few days. I check eBay daily for "my usual searches" and sometimes I do forget to search for a couple of things. I've been lucky twice in that something that did not sell a long time ago was re-listed after I sent a message to the seller about wanting it.

Right now my biggest problem is actually over-spending on things only to find them cheaper a few days later.

There were several pins on ebay the other day that I was minutes too late to get. (They were in my watch list and I couldn't get online in time to bid.)
I'm always too late on Ebay! I put pins on my watch list but Ebay rarely sends me notification mails anymore. And then I just open the "closed listing" page and cry lol.

I found the Cinderella stained glass storybook jumbo on ebay. For $40 BIN I was busy with something else but when I checked back after an hour it was already sold. Fingers crossed I can find it again for such a great price someday.

Last edited:
Ugh yes! My major major wants right now are the Moonscape Series of Beauty/Beast and Ariel/Eric. I want them more than any other pins. I was scrolling through eBay sold and saw the Beast one had sold for $30 and I completely missed it!! I would have paid that and more T.T Ughhhhh. The search continues. If anyone has these pins and is willing to trade or sell..... ;) I know have a list of pins I want and search eBay for all those pins as regularly as feasible.

Usually happens when I forget about a specific theme for a few days. I check eBay daily for "my usual searches" and sometimes I do forget to search for a couple of things. I've been lucky twice in that something that did not sell a long time ago was re-listed after I sent a message to the seller about wanting it.

Right now my biggest problem is actually over-spending on things only to find them cheaper a few days later.

^This! I feel like this is totally me! And it's not even a lack of patience. I will have not seen the pin on eBay in forever, nothing in the sold archives, buy it because I think it's VHTF, then like, a week later there is is again fro $20 cheaper :/ Unfortunate. That said, I did hold out on an Ariel Seahorse pin I wanted and had missed for $35 (auction). Someone has had one listed for over 2 months but would not budge from their $55 price tag, despite the market value having shown it should go for less (others in the series all went for around $35 as well). I offered $40 and still got a no. So I stuck to my guns and waited and just tonight won the auction for the pin (listed new this week) for $28! I had put my max bid at $45 and figured, well, if I get outbid at that point here is always the $55 one. I understand everyone vales their pins differently, it's jus frustrating when you want what is available but can;t come to an agreement. Oh well! Super excited for Ariel coming home this week!

I once lost a grail of mine by fifty cents.

A few days later, I got an email from the buyer saying that the guy who had bought it never paid him so he wanted to sell it to me for my original bidding price (which was a steal of a price).

I missed the email completely because I was logged off my email (it had updated so it needed me to sign back in) on my phone and was away for a couple of days.

When i got home and checked my email, the guy said he had already sold it to the guy who bid behind me.

I cried myself to sleep that night...

I once lost a grail of mine by fifty cents.

A few days later, I got an email from the buyer saying that the guy who had bought it never paid him so he wanted to sell it to me for my original bidding price (which was a steal of a price).

I missed the email completely because I was logged off my email (it had updated so it needed me to sign back in) on my phone and was away for a couple of days.

When i got home and checked my email, the guy said he had already sold it to the guy who bid behind me.

I cried myself to sleep that night...

This is the saddest story I've ever heard!

:(

Ugh, yes. I searched completed listings for two of my top grails (two individual pins from the Peter Pan 55th anniversary set) a few weeks ago and they had just sold for 25 dollars apiece! Seriously the first time I nearly cried over pieces of metal. The really sad part is that I follow those searches on eBay and get email alerts and everything, but that was the ONE WEEK I didn't check, and I guess the alert got sent to spam. D-':

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the time!! Not to mention looking back on the first few years I started and my grails were like $75 or $100 and not they are like hundreds and even a thousand dollars....dang! Patience is hard to have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back