The 2020 Coping Thread - Coronavirus (COVID-19) or whatever else the Universe throws at you

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by hopemax, Mar 12, 2020.

1. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    180   0   0

I know this is not technically not "Pin Discussion", but this is the part of the forum with the most views, so hoping the mods will allow a little leeway in these unprecedented circumstances...

As this grows, and we increasingly will have nothing else to talk about because everything is closed... instead of taking over other threads we could use a place for people to vent and commiserate.

Me:

DH starts working from home on Monday. I have been telling my Dad to avoid going to WDW. Thankfully, there have been no reason to send him since first day of Flower & Garden AND he understands the necessity. I posted 2 weeks ago about having to make an emergency visit to Seattle because MIL was in kidney failure. Turns out she also had respiratory failure, was intubated for 5 days, but thankfully is recovering well and at home. I am so glad that her issue presented early in this whole pandemic, and not when services might have been stretched more thin. There are 10 nursing homes in the Seattle area that have active cases now, so just waiting for things to get worse.

2. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

Nothing on my end yet, but bummed my trip to DLP in May may get cancelled. I'm hoping my WDW birthday plans won't get cancelled, but if they do, I understand why.

If you are over age 55, please take care of yourself. You are the one most at risk. Wash yo hands. Don't touch yo face. Don't go to Disney World.

I love all of you regardless of whether we've met in person before. We can all have virtual movie watch parties and chat until this is all over. But most of all, wash those hands!

3. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Sigh...it’s bad in NorCal everything is canceled. Husband and I both work in tech so we are prepared to work from home for about a month. My young active adult brothers live with my parents who are in their late 60s/early 70s and it’s them I’m worried about...I want to wrap them in bubble wrap and lock them in the house until 2021.

We are having a family meeting tonight to talk seriously about our daily risks and the sacrifices we can make to minimize exposure to my parents...wish me luck...

Stay healthy everyone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TinyTink and noone like this.
  4. chubs191

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

Annnddd now birthday plans cancelled... But there's something coming in the mail that may make up for it. Stay tuned everyone!

5. pins4twin

pins4twin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Was planning a trip to Tokyo Disneyland, Japan in May. First time visit to a park in Asia. Had to cancel but have rebooked for October. Hopefully this is all over by then.

TinyTink likes this.
  6. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

Today was Day 1 of WFH indefinitely. Finally bought a Nintendo Switch to relieve some of the boredom. Daughter is home from school so it's going to be a Mario Kart Friday!

TinyTink, noone, coblj003 and 2 others like this.
  7. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

BEST way to cope! I'm normally a Kart/Party kind of girl, but if you're looking for a long game, Odyssey was AMAZING. I played it through multiple times...

8. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    531   0   0

DIS stock prices are down too...boo....

We can make this about pin news and say that all pin releases are cancelled, at least til the end of the month.

I have plans for WDW in the latter part of the year. Hopefully, the government can get a handle on this.

TinyTink and coblj003 like this.
  9. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

The whole stock market is down.. which is really yucky for me.

10. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    132   0   0

Pin related discussion:
    Being stuck at home means... lots of time to upload pins to pintradingdb.com
    Being stuck at home means... lots of time to sort out the pin mess which is my traders.
    Being stuck at home means... time to set up trades.
    Being stuck at home means... lots of time to decide which pin mystery boxes I really need to keep.

Anyone else have a pin related activity that maybe will get done with the state of the world right now?

:)

Lemons into Lemonade.

(I am supposed to travel to Orlando next week for work... so far not cancelled, but thinking it probably should be.)

11. chubs191

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

Irresponsible birthday plans back on schedule and expanded, so I can get my WDW time in for at least the rest of the month! I misread when it was closing XD

coblj003 and TheMickeyMouseRules like this.
  12. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    99   0   0

Thank you for starting this thread. It was on my mind to start something similar!
    I'm shocked that the mouse is closing down. That is something that rarely happens.

Anyone want to trade? I have a lot of pins.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  13. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    180   0   0

My computer picked this evening to crap out on me and not reboot normal. I can get it in safe mode but it’s spinning on “attempting repairs” and I need to go to bed.

14. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    142   0   0

I’m not too worried here in SoCal but my fiancé and I felt it necessary to email all our guests to let them know the wedding is still happening and what precautions we’re taking. Hand sanitizer is sold out everywhere, so we are providing alcohol wipes, which should help, as well as disposable plastic gloves for the self-serve buffet.

I’ve also just been notified by my new manager that we will start work-from-home next week. Eek! I can’t wait for all this to come to an end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TinyTink, Connies_Hobby and coblj003 like this.
  15. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I've just read that DLR will close as of 14 March, with the resorts closing on the 16th (to allow guests a few extra days to make travel arrangements home). The closure is planned through the end of the month. I believe that at this time, DTD plans to remain open. WDW and DLRP will close operations as of 15 March through the end of the month. Additionally, DCL will be suspending all new departures on the same date.

This is in addition to the closures of Shanghai, HKDL, and TDR! So ... yikes! Try to stay safe and healthy, this is not a joke, and hope the governments can get it under control as quickly as possible!

16. Mimachan

Mimachan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I was supposed to go to an AP party but it's canceled. I'm glad I have nothing to do to be refunded because there is already to much people calling them for canceling their trip. My hotel was cancelable for free on booking dot com so I didn't loose anything except the chance to meet Mickey in his Kingdom Hearts suit.

I'll just go at the park tomorrow to buy the St Patrick pin and some stuff I need to buy before the closure.

I really hope this pandemic will end soon and the party re-scheduled after because the theme was really the best they ever gave: meet the inhabitants of the lands[​IMG][​IMG]

Envoyé de mon STK-LX1 en utilisant Tapatalk

17. CanaDaLE

CanaDaLE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I wish I could work from home. I work in healthcare so unfortunately it's all hands on deck. Stay safe everyone.

18. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    99   0   0

Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication as a healthcare worker;. This as got to be a busy season for you and your coworkers and YOU stay safe too!

TinyTink and Connies_Hobby like this.
  19. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    99   0   0

Isn't this the truth! I can finally get to the backlog of my collection pins and organize them. I have this horrible practice of leaving my pins in the bags that I purchased/traded in and I can see what they are until I take them out. Not to forget there are a million little bags around now :D

20. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    132   0   0

You stay safe too...

21. gargress

gargress (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Marilyn :・゚✧ DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Thank you for this thread! I've been bummed after having to cancel a trip to South Korea and Taiwan. Hopefully, a trip to DLR in September isn't cancelled too at this point. Best to stay safe though.

@Spr175psu @Abyssinian28 Joining in with SO much Mario Karting! Also board game nights with the friends. My husband and I have been hooking on Wingspan.

22. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

Odyssey is definitely on my list. Right now, we just have Mario Kart, a Sonic game, and Pokemon Sword. There are a bunch of others I want to play. We'll see how long I'm WFH, but I have a feeling that Sword will take up all of my time :)

23. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Well I am officially out of a job for 2 weeks.. as my school district is now closed and as a substitute teacher there is no need for me when there are no kids.

24. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    531   0   0

My local school district is closed and one of my co-workers has a child that goes to that school. So she might be out for the next three weeks and I'll have to cover her for 2 of them (I'm off the 3rd week)

25. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0