• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Docfish's are coming back and there is a party!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Docfish's are coming back and there is a party!!!

docfish2u

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight
Rating - 100%
735   0   0
Update 10/27

With that request, now here is the announcement that Dawny and I have been working on. (okay mostly Dawny) :lol: We will be having a pin trading party December 7th from 5 pm tp 9 pm. It will be held here:

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
1700 South Clementine Street,

Anaheim, California 92802 USA Phone: 1-714-533-3555 Fax: 1-714-535-7626

It will be at the Gatehouse (We believe this is the room and patio they use for breakfast). This is what Dawny told me to tell you all: "there is a parking garage right down the street by the cheesecake factory, i dont know the name of the plaza but it has a garage." You must park at this garage and not on hotel property or you will be towed. I also do not know what they charge for parking. I am guessing there is also some on street parking but since we don't live down there we don't know that for sure.

I hope you people down south know where this is.

Now for the important stuff, we will be ordering pizza so if you want to have some please plan on 5 dollars per person to help cover the cost. Also it is bring your own beverage. Of course if you want to bring a dish for others who are we to say no?

Who is invited? Anybody who wants to come and spend some time with other pin traders. If you don't want pizza it is free. Since it is a breakfast area there will be some tables available. We might get cozy, but we will have fun. I mean Dawny is there how can we not have fun?

Please if you can sign up here and let us know how many are coming and if you want pizza so that we are sure to have enough pizza for everybody.

Come have fun with us if you are in the area!!! We can't wait to see everybody again!!!

Thank you so much to Dawny for making this happen!!! (Hey Dawny, did I suck up enough for you?)

http://disneypinforum.com/showthrea...-the-Dawny-Docfish2u-Diablo-pin-trading-party

Hi everybody, Amy and I are coming back down to Disneyland Dec. 3-8. We arrive in the afternoon of the 4th and leave in the morning of the 8th. We have already been told that several other members of DPF will be there also. I will let them post, but so far 3 other out of staters have said they will be there when we are.

What does this have to do with pins? Well as Dawny found out last time we came down, I bring a ton of pins with me and I have to refill my pinbook every night after we leave the park because I trade so many. So it is an awesome opportunity to get some of the pins I have on my trades list. If you know you will be there and I have something you want please pm me so I can set it aside and we can see what we can work out. I am much easier to trade with in person because I come to pin trade. Pin trading is supposed to be fun. You can only pin trade if you are actually trading pins. If you are not trading you are just standing around with pins and what fun is that? The last trip I went on a total of 2 rides (okay 3 if you count the tram from the parking garage) the rest of the time I was pin trading.

As some of you might know, I also make buttons. I still have a stack of them I made for the last trip and the people didn't show up or I missed them. They are free to you if we meet up. I want to be able to give them to the people I made them for and all it costs you is a hug. I will not give them to friends to deliver because if I take the time to make them the least you can do is show up and pay your hug fee. :lol:

Here is the list of people who I still have buttons for in no particular order:

2spongey6 - Andrew
Katdianee - Katie
Liliana - Liliana & Dennis
iwontgrowup - Dwight (I think you were there our last trip and I forgot to give you your button)
coupleofdorks - Andy & Donna
underworld87 - Jaime
ayevalle - Anthony
grapesoda - Desiree & Shelby
lokiopanda - Jen
drbl95 - David & April
Spectromen - Kelly
Steph_ig - Steph
MrRyon - Shaun
Beanergirl - Gina
Clara9271 - Clara
SolarSurferLover - Laryssha
partofthatworld - Cheyenne & Stephen
dancecats - Stefanie
initial_tb - Tiffany & Fred
wonderwoman3553 - Jessica
echoharmony - Echo
dalakersnumba1 - MarvYn
IssacandAmanda - Shawn & Raven

Which means our last trip about 75% of the people who said they wanted to meet us actually did and received their buttons.

So some of you are probably asking your self "self, what do I have to do to get a free DPF button?" It is very easy. Post your first name you want on the button and your favorite character. If you have a picture you want me to use on the button then post here the info and ask me to send you my email address so you can send me the pic. If you want to see what your button looks like before we arrive in December then pm me your email address and I can send you the mock up of it.

Dawny, if you are still crying about the picture I used on your button then send me a picture you want me to use. :p

If you are coming from out of town and want to post you will be there also then please do so here so all of our Cali friends know who is coming.

We are very excited!!! There is nothing like Disneyland at Christmas time!!! It has been way to long since we have been down there during this special time!!!

We hope to see as many of our DPF family as possible!!!:wavey:

9/23 update

There will be a pin trading get together on Saturday the 7th. I will be announcing the plans soon. We are finalizing the details. Everybody is welcome to come and pin trade or just hang out and spend time with our DPF family. If you want pizza please plan on bringing 5.00 per person to cover the actual costs. It will also be bring your own beverages. Also feel free to bring any special dishes or treats you are able to. Let's make this a big event!!! When we announce the final plans I will post in the event section and ask that everybody who wants to be there to sign up.

Last edited:
I keep the button you made me on my pin-trading backpack. Looking forward to seeing you both again in December!!!

Maybe Dawny will grace us with her presence during your visit... ;)

I keep the button you made me on my pin-trading backpack. Looking forward to seeing you both again in December!!!

Maybe Dawny will grace us with her presence during your visit... ;)

I have heard rumors...

Can't wait to see you again!!! Will you be bring your sweet treats?

I hope to meet the famous docfish2u! I would love a button if it's not to much trouble.

Hector-Jack Skellington

I have a picture request and could you send me your email? Thank you!!!

PS...I see you like sweets? My grandma makes killer homemade tamales during this time of year if you're interested.

Last edited:
The last trip I went on a total of 2 rides (okay 3 if you count the tram from the parking garage) the rest of the time I was pin trading.

Dude, that is the ONLY ride there. The rest are attractions........
The Poohlady5 "entourage" will miss you by a couple of weeks... :( Marc and I are planning a quick trip sometime between Dec 20-23.
Have fun and happy trading!

Hi David. Did you receive my email about the pins you were making for me??

Email sent

I hope to meet the famous docfish2u! I would love a button if it's not to much trouble.

Hector-Jack Skellington

I have a picture request and could you send me your email? Thank you!!!

PS...I see you like sweets? My grandma makes killer homemade tamales during this time of year if you're interested.

Pm sent

Ill be sure to come and meet you with prince Eric. :)

You are bringing Prince Eric with you? Yay!!! I will have my dpf shirt on 2 of the days since I have 2 of them!!! She makes great dpf shirts and everybody should get at least one!!!

Darn, I can't be down there at that time due to college so it isn't like I can even fly out for that quick few days >_< Urgh, ONE DAY DAVID!!! ONE DAY!!!

yay yay yay.

Yyyyaaaayyyyyyy daaaaviiidddddd

Can't wait to see you again!!!

Dude, that is the ONLY ride there. The rest are attractions........
The Poohlady5 "entourage" will miss you by a couple of weeks... :( Marc and I are planning a quick trip sometime between Dec 20-23.
Have fun and happy trading!

Nnnnnnoooooo I would love to meet up with you, but it is too crazy that close to Christmas and Amy already has the week off we are there.

You are bringing Prince Eric with you? Yay!!! I will have my dpf shirt on 2 of the days since I have 2 of them!!! She makes great dpf shirts and everybody should get at least one!!!

Awe shucks David. Thanks for the shirt shout out :)

Docfish I will be there during that time also I am there for the first two weeks of December can't wait to meet up with you again it has been a few years since I last saw you in Lynwood at the Disney convention

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back