The woes of collecting

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Dreamerwolf, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Dreamerwolf

Dreamerwolf New Member

0   0   0

I was disappointed today to not be able to grab one of the new Loungefly Oliver and Company pins, but, more so to already see people online selling them at nearly triple price. I know it happens, but it's always frustrating to see people buying them just to sell and not because they actually wanted them. And this is true with any collectible, I get that but...Meh. It sucks.

:(

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  2. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

On the bright side, many people are trading and will save loungefly releases for the future ones they miss. I see a lot of people with previous ones asking for the newer ones. It’s just so cutthroat that people have to take what they can get and prepare in case they miss the ones they want to get, but with online releases every week, I’m sure you’ll be able to get whatever is the next release and trade for the ones you want :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dreamerwolf

Dreamerwolf New Member

0   0   0

Fair enough. I didn't think about trying to get a different to then trade, I might keep trying for others.

4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

Agree... I now have two of these loungefly pins to trade in the event I miss one I want for my collection. Unfortunately, I didn't even try for the one today... Perhaps I should try for more just to help out forum members. Something to consider.

5. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Have faith, my friend. This morning on Facebook I saw people trading Mulan for Fox and the Hound or Oliver and Co. There are definitely people out there trading. It does seem jarring when you see so many eBay listings, but then there are so many people trading too.

I bought Fox and the Hound last week as a back up in case I can’t get the Alice that comes out next week.

With so many releases there’s bound to be something for my collection so I like to stock up just to prepare for the worst situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coblj003 likes this.
  6. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0

I couldn't AGREE MORE!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

7. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0