• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

There was a Cast Member wearing a pin trading lanyard at Disneyland yesterday!!!

There was a Cast Member wearing a pin trading lanyard at Disneyland yesterday!!!

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Red alert! This is not a drill. Repeat: this is not a drill!

Okay, maybe it is lol as he was literally the only one I saw with one... BUT! I spotted a lead with a VIP tour group (pretty sure it was an A-list celeb with like a 12 person entourage and about 4-6 plaids - so if you see that Tom Holland or someone big was in the park yesterday... I totally passed them right by as I RAN (okay, fast walked!) for the lead with the pin lanyard. lol

I thought the plaids were going to have a heart attack thinking I was running for the celeb taking roped off pics by Sleeping Beauty Castle but NO! All I cared about was spotting a CM with a pin lanyard! I traded with him just because he was my first lanyard trade since the park reopened! (Boards and boxes are around still though.) I was so happy to be trading from a lanyard again and the plaids were happy I was ignoring their celeb guest. lol

But if it WAS Tom Holland, I'm gonna be so annoyed I missed him. :D I should've looked to see if Zendaya was in the group, too. But no, I was just about the OMG CM WITH LANYARD SHINY PINS OOOOOHHHH! :D

He told me they were slowly starting to roll out to a few CM's and that he'd waited in a long line to get his lanyard with pins.

Woo! Pin lanyards! Maybe. Eventually. But one is a good start!

So? What did you trade for? Was it something good? Don't leave us hanging. :)
Lol No, he didn't have anything exciting. I traded just to trade. :)

Since this was my first lanyard trade since 2020, I gave him a 2020 Disneyland Sorcerer Mickey with castle rack pin right off its card for the symbolism of it, along with a mystery pack pin. I got two princess booster set pins from his lanyard which I later traded for other traders which I will trade again next time. :D

I was happy just to trade and wanted one of his first trade experiences that day to be someone giving him nice pins even though I know they go quickly. The CM's who wear lanyards can have a rough experience with sharks dropping scrappers on them all the time. I like to make CM experiences with pin trading as positive as possible to remind them there are good people in the hobby, too, and encourage them to continue wearing their lanyards for trade! :)

Actually, i saw a total of 3 last week (bus driver, ride line manager, and another I forget) at WDW. I thought they were individuals doing it personally, but I guess not. I didn’t trade with them. :-( Should have.
I'd heard rumors that WDW had gotten some CM lanyards back over the past month or two, but wasn't seeing actual reports of them. This was the first (and thus far only lol) one I've seen at DL. If I see more, I'll report in! :)

UPDATE!! I saw THREE CM's wearing pin trading lanyards yesterday at DLR!

I found a pair of CM's standing together at Disneyland with lanyards around their necks. The lanyards were filled with basically scrappers/usual junk and they didn't really seem to know what to do with them. lol But I profusely thanked them nonetheless for wearing lanyards and trading pins. (No, I did not trade for anything.)

And I found a CM with a newly refreshed hip lanyard in DCA whom I also thanked profusely not just for trading but for having a refreshed lanyard! (You can always tell the CM's who understand and care about pin trading.) I traded her two cute mystery pack pins for two hidden mickeys. :)

But woo - they're rolling out!

Oh my goodness the lanyards were out again at DLR this weekend!!!

I saw at least a DOZEN CM's wearing either the neck lanyards or hip lanyards and so many were nice refreshed ones or people were trading real pins and not junk onto them! I traded for two hidden mickeys and a Marvel Avengers A pin (a licensed one but still). The CM's are still new at the pin trading thing, but they seemed happy to be doing it (again, I think, because they had nice stuff and I always made sure to trade nice stuff to them, even giving one an LE for a hidden mickey just because they had such a nice refreshed lanyard I wanted to add something super fun to it!)

What a pleasure!

The pin boards were hit and miss. Some nice stuff that tourists were trading and some of the usual junk. But again, I traded for a pin or two off of them, including one for a friend's collection.

I also made some fun trades with other guests, both Wonderland and Marvel. It was a good pin day! And I made sure to thank every CM I found wearing a lanyard, whether I traded with them or not. Positive, polite reinforcement is good! :)

Back