• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

This pin is fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pin is fake?

siberiaya

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi!! I buy this pin from ebay , the last week , and he came. The issue , i think is fake. I check with the pic in pinpics , and he has several mistakes. What do you think? The number on pinpics is : 37724
I try the seller return my money...

zPGAt90.jpg

Oh, ok, I have an appointment with the "eye-doctor" in 2 months, haha, I tried looking at it carefully, and didn't notice about the stripes being wrong.

I can see what you mean about the stripes, on pin pics they are thinner and also more on the arms.

Hopefully someone has this pin and can help you more

I can see what you mean about the stripes, on pin pics they are thinner and also more on the arms.

Hopefully someone has this pin and can help you more

Yes! thats what i see , and all the handles from the cups , and teacup , are golden , and in the pic on pinpics are white. I see in a pic on flikr , a collection with this pin , and he is the same on pinpics.

Dang...that's a good scrapper (I think). Thank goodness for PinPics. I'm going to have to be sure I compare my pins down to the last detail on there. The stripes on his arms and legs are definitely different and the tip of his tail, palms and feet are a different shade of pink. Maybe that's the artwork though. I wish PinPics posted pictures of the actual pins, Sometimes they do, but other times its just the original artwork of a pin. Someone should definitely have this pin though and should be able to verify. Hope you find out soon in case you need to return it.

Dang...that's a good scrapper (I think). Thank goodness for PinPics. I'm going to have to be sure I compare my pins down to the last detail on there. The stripes on his arms and legs are definitely different and the tip of his tail, palms and feet are a different shade of pink. Maybe that's the artwork though. I wish PinPics posted pictures of the actual pins, Sometimes they do, but other times its just the original artwork of a pin. Someone should definitely have this pin though and should be able to verify. Hope you find out soon in case you need to return it.

Yes! Thank you!!!

The clearest differences are

-the thickness of the stripes--the pinpics has generally thicker stripes

-the stripe at his crotch starts too low--just below his crotch as compared to pinpics, due to the thinness

-really the stripes on the arm balancing the cups--the colors are wrong, one stripe is dark pink that should be light, giving three dark stripes in a row.

Where i should put the name of the seller? The seller believes , the pin is real. I check a list from Dis boards , and he's name is on the list on the good sellers. What should i do?

Mine is like the one listed on pinpics, basically you can see the finer lines and more detailing on the cups than your pin. The colors of mine are very much like the pinpics picture also, more dark pink and light pink than purples stripes, his head is a little darker/purpler, his mouth is reddish with a dark pink tongue. The metal parts are gold and the tea pot and cups are white and pink with the daintiest of marks on them. I received it in a trade and has official pin trading 2007 on the back. It looks almost identical to the pinpics picture that I never thought it was a scrapper.

Are there any markings on the back of the pin? A dead giveaway for scrappers are a lot of the time the markings may not be as clear, mis spelled, or poorly done, also, the edges can be rougher than usual pins, and the pin can be thinner too. There may also be a weight difference, scrappers are usually lighter. I hope this turns out to be real, but I can understand your concerns as the pictures do vary quite a bit.....some scrappers are really difficult to tell, maybe the seller didn't do it intentionally as its really tough to tell this pin may be fake. Keep us posted how you get on. Xx

First thanks everyone for the help! Now an update. So...i have to return the fake pin, and this way he send me the refound. So here is the joke...i pay $12 for the pin and shipping, send the pin to him for return cost me $12 ( with the tracking), he refound me $ 12. So i pay twoice and him got the pin...wth????he denies the pin is fake, i can prove the pin is poo!he not can prove the pin is authentic....
I say to him, i dont want a refound, and i left he a big negative feedback. I lost money, but at least he have a big warning in his feedback.
Now i have my first poo pin, i think i use him in a purse or something.

I don't think it's right at all that if someone sells you a bad pin, you have to pay the return shipping. I know it's the case, though. I bought a pin last week that the back fell off of as soon as I took it out of the package and it was pretty obvious that the seller had attempted to reattach with glue. Why the heck should I have to pay return shipping because you sold me a pin you knew was crappy?

I don't think it's right at all that if someone sells you a bad pin, you have to pay the return shipping. I know it's the case, though. I bought a pin last week that the back fell off of as soon as I took it out of the package and it was pretty obvious that the seller had attempted to reattach with glue. Why the heck should I have to pay return shipping because you sold me a pin you knew was crappy?

I know!! Its so :banghead: , but thats the ebay rules, its not fair at all.:soapbox: ebay.

honestly, the picture in pinpics looks like concept art more than an actual pin. In which case there will be differences.

However..... There should be a tiny light pink triangle of stripe where his arm, chest, and cheek are. The color variance could be based on lighting or on the concept art being changed.

can someone who owns an absolutly authentic pin pleade submit a new picture to pinpics and add info to the description such as metal color, if the spaces inside the teapot handles are filled in, etc...? The descrip is detailed, but not with the "right" type of detail for a good comparison.

A couple quick things. First off, from your original picture, it looks like it came on a card. Was that the original card? What was the SKU? Secondly, this pin is an open stock pin. Just looking at the basic description on PinPics, I can see that there is at least two confirmed issues of this pin, the original in 2005 and at least one in 2008. Disney can keep making open stock pins for years and have done so in the past. This creates several unique runs and yes, they will vary between production runs. They are not always made by the same factory. Subtle differences between the runs is common and expected.

I saw the negative feedback you left for the seller and saw the pic where you pointed out the differences. To be honest with you, those are all changes Disney could have made between runs of the pin to cut down on the cost.

A couple quick things. First off, from your original picture, it looks like it came on a card. Was that the original card? What was the SKU? Secondly, this pin is an open stock pin. Just looking at the basic description on PinPics, I can see that there is at least two confirmed issues of this pin, the original in 2005 and at least one in 2008. Disney can keep making open stock pins for years and have done so in the past. This creates several unique runs and yes, they will vary between production runs. They are not always made by the same factory. Subtle differences between the runs is common and expected.

I saw the negative feedback you left for the seller and saw the pic where you pointed out the differences. To be honest with you, those are all changes Disney could have made between runs of the pin to cut down on the cost.

I think they are so much differences with the original pin . I post some pics on the original pin ( no pinpics pic) , and this pins are like Pinpics pic.
I dont think because he came in original card , has to be real. A lot of sellers do that. The pin is very low quality , i dont think Disney change the desing so much. Its very light to , and thin. And no number print on the pin.
The seller call me lier , and ignorant. And says my traductor is wrong.
I send to him pics with the pin i receive, and pics pointing errors before leaving negative feedback. But still he denied all. I think the color is one thing , but the complety desing , like stripes , and face, dont.

Last edited:
So it did come on the original card?

Its a card, i dont know if is the original card, and i dont collect cards, i collect pins. I pay for a card?No , i pay for a pin.

vZYm97u.jpg
[/IMG]

In the pic you can see , the pin a receive , and the pin on seller list. And the pin in the seller list , is not artwork, its a pin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back