three pins......

Discussion in 'Help me Identify This Pin!' started by George Mann, Nov 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Mann

George Mann New Member

0   0   0

Hello again everyone, and happy thanksgiving! (did you see the photo I posted of Mickey Mouse in the Thanksgiving Day parade 1978??)

I just put 100 new pins in my book but these three are stumping me. I know the first is a star wars emblem pin, but I cannot find it and I can't find the other two. any help? thanks! (BTW, I know the colors might look a bit 'off' but my camera takes a dark photo, and so when I lighten them up, the colors go off sometimes).

Thanks again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    530   0   0

@George Mann : please respond to my questions....where are you getting these "lot" of pins from?

The first is Mike Wazowski from Monster's Inc (and now Monster's U)
    The second is Jiminy Cricket from Pinocchio
    The third is a Star Wars emblem of the Galactic Senate

All three are commonly scrapped pins and the colors are off from the real thing.

Tips for taking good pictures:

1. Daylight hours.
    2. Natural light/sunlight
    3. Against a black or white background. No texture in either color. No hands, fingers, flowers or any type of pattern in the background.
    4. Zoom with your camera so as not to block the natural light.
    5. One to two pins per picture.
    6. Take off the rubber back of the pin when taking a picture of the back.
    7. If you want to show the size, use a coin (penny, nickel, dime, quarter).

3. George Mann

George Mann New Member

0   0   0

Hello, and thanks for the reply. I think the colors look like they are off because of the camera. The pictures have been coming out a bit dark, and I use software to lighten them. Unfortunately, sometimes that also changes the color a bit. I like your tips for taking good pictures and I will do that from this point forward. I buy the lots online, but I stay away from anything overseas, or anyone that constantly sells BIG LOTS of pins. I buy pins from those who look like its a 'one-time' thing. hope that helps, and thanks again for all your identification help.

4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

Whatever the reason for the colors... I think myself and perhaps others would say the pins you have posted pictures of, have been heavily scrapped.

There are reliable sources to find cheaper legit traders. I buy my park traders at the Disney Store (just bought clearanced Halloween pins for about $3.15/pin from shopdisney.com a week or so ago) or Box Lunch when they clearance out their Disney pins that have not sold (I bought the loungefly Disney Halloween pins for about $2.50/pin.) I usually keep my costs right around or under $3/pin and if I walk into a deal... every once in awhile is at or below $1/pin.

slbrabham and starry_solo like this.
  5. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    530   0   0

When you say you're buying "100" pins....most people that don't sell scrappers put their lots in odd numbers, rarely anything in multiples of 25....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.