• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Throwing in the towel, waving the white flag, surrendering - Peace, Love & Hapiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing in the towel, waving the white flag, surrendering - Peace, Love & Hapiness

swim2sea

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Ok guys you win, I'm thowing in the towel and surrendering to the pressure. Here goes:

1. Sorry all you traders in California. I DO realize that not all of you are sleazy, greedy people and I apologize if I lumped the good in with the bad. That was my mistake and I'm willing to take the hit. I would love to trade with you but maybe I'm too agressive? I'm really not that hard to trade with and I will help you acquire any WDW or Paris pins that you need. You are so lucky to have a DSF and a WDI and I hope you will remember that there are people who don't live in California or near these places and that we need your help. Pin karma will come back to you for each time you help a fellow trader. Not only me but anyone who needs help. That's the Disney way and what Walt would want us to do for each other.

2. Sorry if I come across as negative sometimes, but we all have a bad day now and again and lately I've had a lot of them. No excuses, just being honest. I will work on being a little more positive. I'll try to remember that "Thoughts become things.....chose the good ones."

3. I really do love pin trading. Lately it's been tough to get a trade going or to complete one and I apologize if I took out my frustrations on the forum members. It was not my intention and I'm sorry. I'm focusing on the good and not the negative so let's all try.

4. I am working hard on this and all I ask is not to be too publicly chastied. We are all in this together and I try to help out people when I can.

That's it unless you guys can think of something else I should be bashed for doing. So apologies to all and let's all play nice and be friends.

I have no problem with you at all, and I would trade with you glady but I don't have anything you want *lol* but I am from California, and yeah it does sometimes sting when people, not just you, say that all California traders are snobs, greedy, sharks, etc. because while there are a lot of those, I certainly do NOT consider myself to be one of them and I do help people when I can. Recently I made a trip up to DSF to get other people things, and did not get one pin for myself. I do try and help when I can!

Hey, that was really nice of you. And I know it probably wasn't easy. I'm not one of the CA people but I still really appreciate this. I know I'm still new around here, but I've seen that a lot of people think highly of you.

It sounds like things have been rough for a whole lot of people lately. I'm really sorry if they've been rough on you too. :(

I don't currently have anything in your wants, but maybe someday we can trade when I've built up my collection a bit more. :)

that was very nice Margaret . Remember what you told me Thoughts beome things, close your eyes and imagine holding the pin . It may not be today, tomorrow or next month , but eventually you will be holding that shiny new gorgeous piece of metal . Did you get your UP Beloved Tales ?

Last edited:
Why should you be bashed for saying how you feel. That took a lot of courage on your part. I live here in Ca. I whole heartdly agree with you. Keep your head up. You are right about the Karma. What goes around comes around! Lots Of Luck.

Jessica

<----- Proof that some California traders are seriously awesome.

Hi Margaret! I don't really know you, but I'm posting anyway just to say hey. Sorry to hear you've been having lots of bad days lately - I hope your luck turns around real soon! Let's trade sometime! :)

Hi Margaret!! It's been a long while since we've traded or even touched base with each other ... I think you're a wonderful person and you have certainly gone above and beyond for many people!! Everyone has bad days ... don't let them get you down for too long! We're here for you ... I'm a Northern California person (but my Dad's from the South - Alabama - if that helps, lol!).
In the famous words of Lauren Bacall ... "If you want me just whistle. You know how to whistle don't you? Just put your lips together and blow." lol!! Sending you big hugs and lots of Pixie Dust!! :hsd: Take care, *bjr

Hi Margaret!! It's been a long while since we've traded or even touched base with each other ... I think you're a wonderful person and you have certainly gone above and beyond for many people!! Everyone has bad days ... don't let them get you down for too long! We're here for you ... I'm a Northern California person (but my Dad's from the South - Alabama - if that helps, lol!).
In the famous words of Lauren Bacall ... "If you want me just whistle. You know how to whistle don't you? Just put your lips together and blow." lol!! Sending you big hugs and lots of Pixie Dust!! :hsd: Take care, *bjr

Loved that movie with Lauren Bacall!!!

Margaret, your fine. Everone has a right to say how they feel in the right setting & you were reaching out & relating with another member.

I wont post my opinion but lets just say I have no friends, groups here on DPF & in pin trading world & other than Tiggermickey have I met anyone else that I can remember. You were being nice & was trying to help just the msg on the subject "I feel" was just blown out of proportion.

Luv you Ca peeps you have DSF at your beck & call & we on the east side have like someone posted before "plastic", lol...

Hey Margaret :)I don't really know you very welll but would like 2. I think that most I have interacted with you was during the murder game ;) haha! I am a socal trader and do NOT consider my self a shark I try and be generous and help others whenever I can. (but it is a little hard 2 pick stuf up for people when your 13 haha) I am sorry you have been feeling bad lately :( hope things get better soon! :)

Jackson

I got so scared when I saw the title at first, and was getting ready to write my "don't leave!!" pm (I can still send one if that will make your evening any brighter ^.^) Seriously though, lots of hugs and hope that you know how much you are appreciated around here! :hug:

I usually never take offense to what people say about ca because I know people have said it about other locations, or about other parks or about online even. It all comes with these pretty little pins making us go crazy some days and venting our frustration without realizing how we are coming off. There really should be some sort of warning on backer cards that says something along the lines of "Side effects: Collecting these may cause bouts of insanity" :lol:

I am by no means one of the old timers/veterans, but I have "met" you shortly before dizpins closed down, so I know you a wee bit longer than most of the people on DPF. You are one fine lady and being angry does not suit you ;) So many things I could say, but here is the gist: <3

Howdy Margaret
You are back!!!thats the lady I know..I am like Selen ...I have met you on Dizpins even traded
but it was better seeing you in person this past May..I hope to see you in November

To Grumpy
You are being NICE!!I do not know you now..lol!!

Thanks guys and gals for all the words of encouragement. My "bad" days are behind me and the positively, fun me is back!! Story, I loved the warning on the back of pins. I agree that it would be appropriate for most of us. I realize that some people can't forgive and forget, but I'm a peace with myself that I did try. And, as I have pointed out on several occassions, I am saving lives by not moving to California since I know that if I did - BAM - the big earthquake would hit and it would fall in the ocean. So all you folks in CA will be safe a while longer since I'm staying in Florida for now:) I hope to meet some CA traders at Mickey's Circus and make some great trades.

tumblr_m43tpw8Q3h1qegw8v.gif

Sorry to hear that things haven't been so fun Margaret, but glad to hear that things are getting back on track! :)

Thanks guys and gals for all the words of encouragement. My "bad" days are behind me and the positively, fun me is back!! Story, I loved the warning on the back of pins. I agree that it would be appropriate for most of us. I realize that some people can't forgive and forget, but I'm a peace with myself that I did try. And, as I have pointed out on several occassions, I am saving lives by not moving to California since I know that if I did - BAM - the big earthquake would hit and it would fall in the ocean. So all you folks in CA will be safe a while longer since I'm staying in Florida for now:) I hope to meet some CA traders at Mickey's Circus and make some great trades.

:hug:!! I hope you have lots of fun at Mickey's Circus- I can't wait to hear all about it and hope you guys have the opportunity to take plenty of pics! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back