• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Torn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torn...

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
348   0   0
Some of the last pins I need for my Tiki Room Michael collection come as accessories for a Marie Osmond doll. One of the dolls is up on ebay for an exceptional price (it's listed for about half what I have seen it listed for previously and comes with all of the accessories - the pin lanyard, extra trading pin, and plush Michael).

I'm torn because while I am very interested in the accessories, I have no need for the doll itself (and actually find this style of doll kind of creepy). Should I wait and see if I can get the accessories from someone selling separately? Do Marie Osmond doll accessories even get sold separately without the dolls ever? Is the doll worthless if I try to resell just that and keep the accessories? I feel bad and kind of wasteful just boxing up a doll and storing it, but if the only way to get these extras is to get the doll I may just have to do so.

Have you (gasp, the horror) searched Marie Osmond dolls to see what kind of value they have? I know some people are nuts for them but IDK how that translates into pricing.

If it seems that you could sell just the doll and get "enough" back to satisfy you, I'd go for it. I know folks recommend patience, but I have none, ha. And I'd say more folks would keep the doll and lose the accessories over the years, making them harder to come by on their own. You can certainly never say never, but if the price is right and you can offload the doll ... BE ENABLED!!!!

I've looked at getting one of them for the pins. I say go for it if it's cheap. Which one is it? I'd be interested in the outfit to put on an animator doll depending on the doll.

I'm in a Trader Sam's group on FB. There are a lot of collectors of Tiki room stuff there. You might find a person interested in buying only the doll in a place like that.

Have you (gasp, the horror) searched Marie Osmond dolls to see what kind of value they have? I know some people are nuts for them but IDK how that translates into pricing.

If it seems that you could sell just the doll and get "enough" back to satisfy you, I'd go for it. I know folks recommend patience, but I have none, ha. And I'd say more folks would keep the doll and lose the accessories over the years, making them harder to come by on their own. You can certainly never say never, but if the price is right and you can offload the doll ... BE ENABLED!!!!

I don't follow dolls at all and haven't done extensive research, but most of the time when I search for it on ebay it's been in the $80-$100 asking price range. This one is currently at $48 + $8 shipping with no bids. There is one that recently sold for around $68 shipped.

I've looked at getting one of them for the pins. I say go for it if it's cheap. Which one is it? I'd be interested in the outfit to put on an animator doll depending on the doll.

It's the Adora Belle Tiki Room doll. This one:

s-l1600.jpg

I would want to keep the pin lanyard, the extra Doll Collector pin, and the little Michael plushie. I don't need the doll itself or the outfit outside of the black pin lanyard.

I think the pins do come up themselves from time to time, but you are taking your chances. If the price is right, i would go for it. You could always resell the doll (it will sell without the accessories, just for a lower price) or, frankly, if you don't need to do so to recoup your money, you could donate it to goodwill or similar. I'm sure there is someone out there who would love to have the doll regardless.

Yeah, that's a decent price of it holds. I meant, though, do you have a sense of what you could get "back" if you flipped the doll. That could further justify just buying the whole package instead of waiting for the pins on their own. It already seems like you have some leads on what to do with the doll, so ... I say go for it!

Thanks for the input, everyone! I think I'll watch it and if it doesn't get bids in the next few days throw on a low bid and see if I get it.

Thanks for the input, everyone! I think I'll watch it and if it doesn't get bids in the next few days throw on a low bid and see if I get it.

Don't give up, you'd be surprised what you can find on e-bay. I use to collect dolls and I have a Marie Osmond Belle that came with a pin. Since I don't collect pins I gave it away years ago. You may find the pins on e-bay if you have patience or you may find a doll collector that only cares for the doll and not the pins. If I still collected dolls I would buy her even without the pins.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back