• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Trading via PinPics

Trading via PinPics

figment919

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
Now that the site has settled down some, is anyone trading via PinPics anymore?? I have sent out numerous trade requests and get zero responses. I know the response rate has always been low, but have folks given up on trading there altogether?

I just did a great trade for a semi-grail on it. So still alive. But yes, insanely low response rate. Would be nice if they set it up so if someone doesn't have activity for like a year, they get removed from the tradable folks. Will cut down on false mailings.

I have completed 1 pinpics trade since Pinpics 'settled down'. I do not find Pinpics to be extremely active.

(It is still missing so many pins from the last few years... That alone makes it difficult.)

I’m def guilty of not responding. I haven’t really sought pinpics trades (just use it as references for trades I make on DPF). That being said, the trade offers I have checked weren’t great, so i didn’t feel too bad on not responding lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t made a trade in PP since before the hack. Many trade offers I receive are extremely lopsided. If I check PP within the message in a normal time frame I usually tell the person the issue with their trade requests.

Although I may make a trade soon… I will see.

Pinpics trading is very hit or miss. Don't get discouraged. You may get one in ten request response. Make sure the pin you offer and the pin you want are about the same value.

As of today, I have had ZERO recent Trades via PinPics. Sent out many requests got no responses. Anyone out there?? lol!!

You don't get a notification for a Trade Request. You only get an email when a member send syou a message. So, if it is really something you want to hear back on, send a message to the member, and not just the trade request.

I do hope that it could be done so that if you aren't active for a year it would turn off your trade assist. that would help it out. But, you send out a lot, and hope to hear back. I just usually spend a few hours and send out a ton. Hear back form half a dozen, usually. Doesn't mean trades work out, but hearing back any way is nice.

As to lopsided trades . . . I'm not too hard on people who send what some might call lopsided. I'm sure I've sent out many. For one, PP doesn't list LR and that is tough. Not all of us know exactly what a pin is considered to be "worth", and it is hard to know on everything, especially when most of us have hundreds of "wants" listed. So, just remember that next time you get one . . . the other member may not be trying to rip you off, it may be a simple inexperience. I've certainly had both myself with trade offers. I typically find that the "bigger" traders tend to ask for more than they wish to trade. Don't know if that's the majority of what's left on PP.

All in all, though, I still find PP the best place to trade. But the biggest thing is that you do have to check in to see trade requests. You don't receive notifications. So . . . keep trying! Just when you get discouraged, it seems you'll get a reply and maybe a trade! -grin-

I just completed a trade. Have to get back in touch with buckout911 to see if we can finish setting up a trade we started. I got distracted, and stopped communicating. Sorry.

Put me in the 'needs to get back on there and seriously overhaul my wants and traders' group. It's a work in progress; one of these days I'll actually finish it, life keeps getting in the way.

You don't get a notification for a Trade Request. You only get an email when a member send syou a message. So, if it is really something you want to hear back on, send a message to the member, and not just the trade request.

I do hope that it could be done so that if you aren't active for a year it would turn off your trade assist. that would help it out. But, you send out a lot, and hope to hear back. I just usually spend a few hours and send out a ton. Hear back form half a dozen, usually. Doesn't mean trades work out, but hearing back any way is nice.

As to lopsided trades . . . I'm not too hard on people who send what some might call lopsided. I'm sure I've sent out many. For one, PP doesn't list LR and that is tough. Not all of us know exactly what a pin is considered to be "worth", and it is hard to know on everything, especially when most of us have hundreds of "wants" listed. So, just remember that next time you get one . . . the other member may not be trying to rip you off, it may be a simple inexperience. I've certainly had both myself with trade offers. I typically find that the "bigger" traders tend to ask for more than they wish to trade. Don't know if that's the majority of what's left on PP.

All in all, though, I still find PP the best place to trade. But the biggest thing is that you do have to check in to see trade requests. You don't receive notifications. So . . . keep trying! Just when you get discouraged, it seems you'll get a reply and maybe a trade! -grin-
I am not hard on them, I use this as a teachable moment to inform them that many would not agree to such a trade and several users would not respond to such an offer. Many of us made this mistake at first. Offer more equitable trades and the responses may improve.

I am not hard on them, I use this as a teachable moment to inform them that many would not agree to such a trade and several users would not respond to such an offer. Many of us made this mistake at first. Offer more equitable trades and the responses may improve.
Yes! spot on comments. I am embarrassed by the initial trade offers I would send out via Pinpics. Was totally clueless. But this was the way I learned. Try and keep trying.

Back