Treasure Planet - Complete Collection

Discussion in 'Pin Showroom' started by movingthestars, May 28, 2020.

1. movingthestars

movingthestars Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Hi! If anyone remembers when I first started posting here, you might also know that I've been talking about framing my Treasure Planet pins for just as long. Well, it finally happened! These are all the authentic pins that exist--I guess it's okay I waited this long because they fit into my shadow boxes pretty perfectly with just the amount that exist now. My plan now is to get some LED tape and put it around the inside so I can light them up (let's see if that takes me another 5+ years to do...!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video 1

Video 2

Now I'm left thinking "I wonder if there will ever be another Treasure Planet pin?" but I've found myself asking this question a bunch of times in the past few years, and they seem to still be coming. I hope you like seeing them all together like this as much as I do!

Next up: planning to finish one more with the current TP fantasy pins that exist. I'll add to this thread but I'm also going to be posting more of my collections on my ig @movingthestarspins so give me a follow if you're so inclined. :)

Edit 5/29 to include Fantasy/non-authentic pin collection (also complete for in-hand pins as far as I know, although this is a bit harder to keep track of):

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  2. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    278   0   0

That is an amazing display and I’m sure for you well worth the wait in completing it! :) so awesome and thanks for sharing here!

movingthestars likes this.
  3. Papaya

Papaya Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Gorgeous display, really loving the starry backgrounds! I'm surprised there's not a bit more pins for this movie. I mean, I knew there were not too many, but I still thought it's more. But there definitely will be more in the future, as long as Disney will be releasing sets including all their major movies, like with the profiles and clusters. :)

4. movingthestars

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

It definitely deserves more than it got, not just in terms of pins but generally. There is a whole (conspiracy) theory about why it failed commercially, but I won't go into that here haha. Also in terms of pins in sets-- I've been waiting for the Beloved Tales for what feels like a million years! Come on Disney, Frankenweenie before TP? Multiple other movies that have already gotten their sequel pins? What gives?!

Papaya likes this.
  5. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    530   0   0

Wow, congrats!!!

6. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Figaro Fan >^..^<

Rating - 100%
    157   0   0

This is fantastic! Way to go!

P.S. I got your message on Instagram and forgot about it until right now. I’ll be sure to snap a pic of Jim’s PTD today and send it your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0

Wow ~ These look GREAT!

8. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

WOW! That is beautiful. Love it!

9. Pecosace

Pecosace Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

These look fantastic! I just rewatched the movie with my sister for the first time since seeing it in movie theaters with my dad and it is a good movie! Glad you have so many pins of it!

10. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

Congrats on the awesome collection! Thanks for sharing.

11. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

great display and congrats on getting the entire collection!

12. Tallie29

Tallie29 New Member

0   0   0

Wow! What an awesome collection, I love the background.

13. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

That's a super nice collection and you've framed them beautifully! I'm sure there will be more. Looks like they have a lot of characters they can use for the ptds! :tigger:

14. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

The collection is great. I love the background.

15. movingthestars

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Yes-- I am really hoping at the very least they do the rest of the PTDs!

tiggeriffic likes this.
  16. movingthestars

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Thank you all for the kind words. I updated the OP with this as well, but here are the fantasy pins:

[​IMG]

This collection (both authentic and fantasy) took so so sooo much time and so much patience, and also a fair amount of luck I think... I could never do anything like this again haha.

slbrabham and Papaya like this.
  17. Papaya

Papaya Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Ohh, I've seen this tarot card Amelia before, she's absolutely stunning! One of the very best fantasy pins to any movie, in my opinion. The unofficial additions to the fan series are amazing too, love the TP one! And the flowercrown Jim is really pretty too. Finally, the Power Rangers Jims are kinda random (unless I'm missing some actor connection), but very well done! This series has some gorgeous fan pins.

18. movingthestars

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

If I hadn't gotten in on the pre-sale for the Amelia tarot pins, I would have just lived without them. I decided for fantasy pins I'm not gonna get too stressed about it if I miss something that ends up like that tarot series... there are some fantasy pins that just seem to be hundreds and hundreds of dollars right out of the gate. I was just lucky that time and I'm sure it will happen again and I won't be so lucky. That being said, the full card tarot is absolutely the most detailed pin I own and I'm thrilled to have it. I waited over a year for production and it was worth every second.

The power rangers are part of a larger series of Disney characters as rangers, they are totally random haha but in my case, I was absolutely OBSESSED with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers as a kid and I'm going to grab the whole series if I can. You are right in that those pins are extremely well-made as well, they just look flawless.

19. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

Congrats and well done! 20+ years into collecting and I'm still not quite complete in my Disney pin collection - though thankfully I get closer each year!

slbrabham likes this.
  20. TangledUpInIce

TangledUpInIce New Member

0   0   0

This is a beautiful collection. I love your shadow boxes.

slbrabham likes this.
  21. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Your background is really great. It looks like it is glowing. Wow!

22. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Milan's pins are so beautiful, I'm impressed you have both the full pin and the top pin since the TP one in particular is a hot commodity.

I love the background you chose for all your boxes! It compliments them so beautifully.