• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Update Mother's Day Kevin pin info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update Mother's Day Kevin pin info!

Stitch2814

#1 Kevin Fan
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Hey everyone, I was searching ebay for the new Santa Dug as Im worried that my seller hasnt got me one :anxious: and I came across the mother's Day kevin pin.

According to the listing its a DSF LE300 pin, so I guess now we know if its going to be released we know where to keep an eye out for it.

The seller kindly sent me an image of the back of the pin and shows the information about it being from DSF is true (for now) and even has the backstamp dated as 2011.

kevinpin.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately I’m still pretty sure it’s a scrapper. I assume they just made up the info on the back. I’d be surprised if DSF turned out to actually release the pin. Still a cool pin though!

I think it is interesting that someone actually listed it saying that it hasn't been released. I am not buying until it is released.

What an awesome pin......if it didn't say "Happy Mother's Day" that is.....I would absolutely want this pin if it wasn't for that!!! Words on pins that pretty just ruin it for me!!! :(

What an awesome pin......if it didn't say "Happy Mother's Day" that is.....I would absolutely want this pin if it wasn't for that!!! Words on pins that pretty just ruin it for me!!! :(

Hahahaha, normally I feel exactly the same way about words...but those words are for me! ;)

I almost always agree, unless its the name of the movie it came from. But I must admit, I have a few mothers day pins that I like...

Im not buying it till it officially comes out, and Im shocked at the price of the pin for being a scrapper...Ive requested an image of the back of the pin from the seller so we can see whats exactly on the back. Lets hope the seller replies to me with some images.

This may be a one of a kind pin.

Please take a look at Pinpic pin 76228.

I was collecting Jack pins awhile ago and stumbled across this pin on eBay. I can remember if it's the same seller?? I lost the bid at the last second but stayed in contact with the winner. This pin was to all hands and eyes a DSF made pin. It was eventually taken to DSF where the entire staff and the cast member that contributes to making the pins stated that being one of the only original cast members at DSF had no idea where the pin came from. It was commented on pinpics from "DSFSS" that it is unauthorized and/or a bootleg.

With all that said, I want that pin.

I am in contact with that trader and trying to find out if it's the same seller. This may be a one of a kind pin as that one was. Unauthorized and bootleg.

Last edited:
^ It was pictures in the lot with the China scrappers. It is probably not a one of a kind if it went out in those emails. The backstamp says 2011, so it is probably coming up this next Mother's Day.

I had mentioned in prior post that Disney may be with a new supplier that sells dies? Two recent DSF pins came up scrappers + the Jack pin and now the Mothers Day pin. It would come to one conclusion that with the recent Disney Pins and now branching out to DSF that Disney cost cutting is damaging collectability?

It would be nice to know that Disney knows the meaning of "Made in America".

I actually bought from them about 2.5 or 3 years ago, a Jerry Leigh pin and a DSF pin. Both came on card, DSF pin was in plastic wrap and with DSF price sticker.
I couldn't determine any obvious signs with them - I remember triple checking because shortly after I ordered the very well known pins from the Chinese lists started showing up on the listings.

But considering what that seller has listed right now, I absolutely agree with erudolf.

Last edited:
The seller with the Kevin pin now sells the HHG Space Mountain pin with the tag "not released." *shakes head*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back