• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

verification please

Status
Not open for further replies.
verification please

txmedic1

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i'm going through all the pins, separating my wife's from mine. came across her princess hidden mickey collection. no bootleg/fake/scrapper info available.

can someone with "authentic" versions of these pins, please verify that the pupils are black and not metal colored. ours are metal colored, pinpics shows black pupils.

pin58972

I don't have this pin, but I've seen a lot of it. One thing to note with PinPics pictures is that sometimes they themselves are not entirely accurate. Sometimes even pre-production artwork is used for the listing, and the finished product may be way off. In relation to yours, there's a lot of ways to get a "picture" of a pin. Sure, you can actually take a picture with a camera, or many also place pins in a scanner and zap it on through. That's only to name a few, as I'm sure there's other ways to get a pin image.

So... what exactly am I trying to say here? The "metal" in pins can often come out in many different colors depending on tons of different factors. Black, white, grey, shiny, silver, yatta yatta yatta. For your pin specifically, I'd say the defining characteristics would be as follows: 1) The "hidden mickey" should be as crisp as it is in the picture. If it looks blobbed you may have a scrapper. 2) Check the paint for quality and divots. If there are smudges or "waves" in the pin, well, you may have a scrapper. 3) Check the thickness of the pin... well, this part actually might take some experience. You'll begin to feel the differences in scrapper thickness with enough experience.

If you ever have questions about scrappers, there are a lot of resources here on the boards. ::looks for Melonballer's Scrapper detail thread:: Did he ever post that here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back