• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL Vinylmation Trading @ D-Street

VINYL Vinylmation Trading @ D-Street

luvsulley

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I read somewhere that they had trading here but I went twice this past weekend and they said, "not right now." When I asked what time they would have it, they would respond, "it's random." Went back later that day, "we're done for today." Is that normal? I thought D-Street was like "Vinylmation headquarters." Seems weird that they expect me to stand there all day to see when they feel like trading. I thought Disney scheduled everything.

Now that's not right. It is vinylmation headquarters and trading should be anytime they have time. I've been countless times and have always seen people trading but with the Holiday shoppers maybe they have put times to it:dunno: Seems to me they could have told you, it must have been disappointing.

Yea it was. It wasn't really busy that day either because it was raining so not a lot of people around.

It can be very random when they do the trading. When you ask about the trading it is very much that way, not right now, maybe later.

According to Steven Miller, Black Box Vinylmation Trading is supposed to be spontaneous and random. Meaning that it is brought out at random times to provide a "magical" experience. Now, the clear boxes that have 3 VM in them are available at any time they are displayed.

There has been many arguments over the fact that D-Street (both in CA and FL) follow different rules depending on the day and who is working. Many customers have argued that they should be allowed to trade out of it when ever they ask, but apparently that is not the intention of the black box. Now, I myself have been to Disney and asked at different placed to trade out of that box and have been allowed to do so. At the same time, I have seen D-Street in FL refuse to bring it out.

So, I think that there isn't a clear answer to your question because it really depends on who is working that day!!!

When I was there a couple of weeks ago the black mystery box was brought out 3 times a day. 12pm, 3pm & 6pm. The little clear box was always out. It was the same at the Disney Quest shop, all the other shops that had the black mystery box had it available for the asking.

I'm a little confused about the black mystery box and the little clear box people are mentioning. I was able to trade at the pin store in Frontierland. My BF saw a little clear box with 3 figures with a sign that said something like "trade me." Is that the same clear box you guys are talking about? I'm asking because even though they had that on the counter, we traded from the black mystery box so I thought it was just a sign. The only other time I traded was at the D23 convention and they used the black mystery box too. Is there another way to trade?

There are 2 ways to trade. The black mystery box had 24 compartments and you cannot see what you are trading for. The clear trading box usually hold 3 vinylmations and you can trade one for one, you know what you are trading for. On occasion I have seen 4 vinylmations in a clear box. What I found fun to do was at DStreet when they bring out the black box there was a bit of a line waiting to trade. Some of the people had just bought a vinylmation to trade so there was a lot of trading happening in the line. The nice thing about that was you could get the card, when you trade out of the boxes you do not get the card.

Last edited:
Back