• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! WDW Pickups: EPCOT (8/14), Springs(8/15), and DCL & Castaway Cay (8/16)

SOLD! WDW Pickups: EPCOT (8/14), Springs(8/15), and DCL & Castaway Cay (8/16)

brattyjedi

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Howdy all-

Today for the first time since mid March 2020 a Disney Cruise Line ship will be departing from Port Canaveral, Florida with paying customers. This means that this time next week I’ll be going on a Disney cruise again!

My vacation plan is to fly to Orlando on Saturday (8/14) and stay at a non-Disney hotel near Disney Springs until Monday (8/16). During those couple days we’ve got one day of park tickets and a reservation for EPCOT for the Food and Wine festival. The rest of the time will be hanging out around Disney Springs or other non-ticket options (the mini-golf course, Disney Boardwalk, whatever we decide and have time to do). Then Monday morning is the drive to Port Canaveral and boarding the Disney Dream for our cruise. We’ve got one full day at sea (Tuesday) and two days at Disney’s private island Castaway Cay (Wednesday and Thursday) before returning to Port Canaveral and the flight home on Friday (8/20).

I’m willing to do any pin or other merchandise pickup (within reasonable suitcase limitations) for any items at EPCOT (including the Food and Wine festival), Disney Springs, or on the ship and Castaway Cay. I have a local friend who will be with me for the EPCOT and some of the Disney Springs time, so should be able to get annual passholder stuff with her help then. She is not coming on the cruise and I don’t have a pass, but there isn’t usually much if any annual passholder exclusive stuff on the cruises.

Please keep in mind:
- Prices will be sticker price +$1.50 for each item under $15 and +$2.50 for each item $15-$30. If over $30, it’ll depend on the price for taxes and PayPal fees. I’m just trying to keep things simple below that.
- Shipping for up to 4 regular sized pins within the US is $5. Anything else, I’ll have to calculate actual shipping.
- If you want any EPCOT / Food and Wine Festival pins, best to let me know about those by Friday (8/13) as we’re doing that on Saturday (8/14). I might see messages on Saturday in time or might not.
- Anything from Disney Springs and I can most likely get it through Sunday (8/15).
- Once the ship leaves Cape Canaveral, I will most likely be out of contact so requests for the cruise or Castaway Cay need to be in by end of day Sunday (8/15) to be sure, but might be seen if early enough Monday (8/16).
- I won’t be back home until very late on Friday 20 August so shipping will happen sometime early on the week starting 23 August.

I think that’s everything, but if I’ve forgotten something or if you have any questions, just let me know!

Man, I wish I knew what was currently available! Have a nice trip!
I’m going to keep an eye out this week for any pictures or videos from people on this first sailing. Hopefully someone will give us a decent glimpse of the merchandise in the onboard gift shops and I’ll update here if I find anything.

I’m still looking for any hints as to what pins will be in the gift shops on the ship and at Castaway Cay. No luck so far. Maybe with the first sailing getting back today more people will have cell service / internet access and start posting more pictures and videos. There have been some videos to come in from vloggers, but none of them that I have found give good looks at the merchandise.

Tomorrow is very early flight and EPCOT!! I’m so excited but there’s still so much to do to finish getting ready! Mostly cleaning around the house because my father-in-law will be staying at my place to take care of my dog (so nice of him!).

Me and the fiance have been dreaming of a Disney cruise. She's never been on a cruise at all and I've only ever been on one, a 3 day on Carnival. So excited for you! I might have to offload some big pins and book something lol.

Me and the fiance have been dreaming of a Disney cruise. She's never been on a cruise at all and I've only ever been on one, a 3 day on Carnival. So excited for you! I might have to offload some big pins and book something lol.
I love Disney cruises! If Disney Vacation Club worked better for the cruises, I’d do it in a heartbeat. This will be my third Disney cruise. First was a trip to Alaska with my family and second was my wedding cruise so both my family and my husband’s family. This one is the first for just my husband and I by ourselves!

Hi! I am back from EPCOT, Disney Springs, and - most importantly - the Disney Cruise! It was an absolute blast, I bought way too many pins, and now I have way too much laundry to do. More of an update later once I’ve had time to sort through some of the photos. For now, here’s my husband’s and my boarding picture and Captains Mickey and Minnie welcoming us.

c7a55e1ba698474a0b37b1c422fabf73.jpg

b46c3547d6c035dbd80121c852d12360.jpg

Back