• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What are your LEAST favorite pin features

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your LEAST favorite pin features
Yes, I just remembered how much I hate rubber add ons aswell.

They always look tacky and get so dirty very quickly. They are normally dirty before you leave the store!!!

Martin :)

Like many blogs about TV shows, you sometimes wish the manufacturer (Disney) read these threads and took action.
This is the perfect beta test for pins.

I personally really like most Pin on Pin but I have many pet peeves when it comes to things I dont like.

Like Tink with wings on little springs that once they get snagged once, they are ruined forever.
And you mention rubber elements. I had someone offer me a Star Wars pin once and they had no clue thst the 3 shiney silver circles once had rubber planets on them. And then like slinky dog, you dont know how many I have seen that are now 3, 4, 5 or 6 inches long because someone has pulled them out of shape.

And I totally agree with pin backs. Heres a pin that ½" x 1" and has 2 post and then a super heavy 3" x 4" pin with 1 post? what are they thinking?

When it comes to NBC, I'm like Mikey (not THAT guy! the old Life cereal kid; boy am I old!); I'll take ANYTHING! However, the single pin thing, here's one Nightmare you DON'T want to have:
pin33653
Pin 33653: DLR - Haunted Mansion Holiday 2004 (Super Pin)
This gorgeous, clever, and humungo pin is about four-to-five inches in diameter and is on one single post! Yes, Free-D must be banned for sucking up the black plastic color from pin pages and for dropping off the pin when the temperatures changes. GRRR!!!
O.K., I'm good.

A pin that involves any sort of movement whatsoever- hinged, slider, spinner, dangle, etc. There are a few rare exceptions that I have in my collection, but I'll often not buy a pin b/c of one of those features. And Free-D. Ugh. I own no Free-D pins, and I don't intend to get any. I'm also not crazy about pins where it's a photo or printed image under a clear gloss top as opposed to artwork that's been filled in with enamel. I have a few exceptions to that, but not many.

I hate front to back spinners! I understand why they are made, for example the recent Then-Now series, but they can't spin once I put them in my book or on my board. Seems like a waste.

Oh, I almost forgot, I can't stand double sided pins! I never know which side to put them on and some don't have that option and you like the other side better. Grrr...

Yes, exactly! It makes me wonder if I should just break down and get two of each of those pins so I can have them side-by-side with the two different sides facing out. Cumbersome, I tell you.

Huge spinners are always badly designed. And good luck on a cork board....

Also, sliders seem so tacky to me.

I'm gonna have to go with embedded "jewels" such as those found on the Princess Ball pins. These things fall out of their socket way too easily in my own experience. Be sure not to jostle your trader bag when it contains pins with embedded jewels

I'm not a fan of rubber elements in a pin. The use of rubber on an otherwise metal pin seems random and (usually) jarring.

I also don't like the free-d elements for two reasons:

1) They can get stained. I have some in my pin bag where the black from dye from the pages was absorbed a little by the rubber.
2) They can fall off and are a pain to get them to stay back on sometimes.

My pet peeves are (I know these have been mentioned already but):

1. Heavier pins that only have one post on the back meaning they won't stay straight on your board unless you manage to edge them in between other pins!
2.The exact same character pose being used over and over and over again - really annoying!
3. Rubber 3d parts to pins.

While this won't help with pin bags, when I am framing my pins, I have started using Glue Dots on the bottom of the pins to keep them in place. They're made to secure bulkier items in scrapbooks, so they are strong. I like the ones in the red box http://www.gluedots.com/display/router.aspx?DocID=743 You can get them at Michaels and other craft stores.

sphinx11 Yes, exactly! It makes me wonder if I should just break down and get two of each of those pins so I can have them side-by-side with the two different sides facing out. Cumbersome, I tell you.
I have done this with some pins I really really like and it can get expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back