• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What I found on Pininterst....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woooooow. Maybe if we all comment? I just commented, and this is what I posted:

"I'm glad to hear that your children enjoyed pin trading. It's a great hobby! But I would like to say that one needs to be aware that there are "scrapper" (fakes and factory imperfections) being sold on eBay, usually in large lots for very cheap prices. These pins have imperfections on them including rough edges and off colors. A good percentage of these sellers are illegally bringing these pins into the US to sell to unsuspecting pin traders (I'll admit, I did buy pins like this when I first started out, and now I regret having done so. Lesson learned!) These fake pins flood the parks and make it harder for people to trade for the real deal. All that is left on lanyards are bad quality pins that do nothing to help the pin trading hobby. If you are looking for some good pins to trade, I suggest purchasing Booster lanyard sets from the parks or Disneystore.com. Most are at reasonable prices, trade well, and are guaranteed to be real pins.

This is just a warning about eBay sellers listing pins at under $2 a pin. Just think about it, if a pin costs around $6 each at the parks and online, how to they get enough to sell at such a low price without loosing money?

There are also some great pin forums for people getting into the hobby. Dizpins has been out of date for some time. Might I suggest DisneyPinForum.com or PinTalk.com. You can also find people selling pins at very reasonable prices, and each seller has a feedback score similar to that of eBay.

I hope this helps you, your children, and all other Pin Traders. It's a great hobby!

- Alex"

Let's see if it stays up.

Last edited:
Great response! ...except it wasn't there when I clicked the link. Then I re-read your comment here, re-clicked the link thinking maybe I just missed the comments, and the whole thing has been taken down! Go DPFers!

Samething Error!!!! I also find that when I see an eBay seller selling a bad pin, I ask for all kinds if info and about 80% close the auction!

I just got an email from Kimbery Hill, who I am assuming is the owner of the travel company who runs the blog. This is what she said:

Hi, Alex! Would you please let your forum friends know the blog post is deleted, the agent will remove her pin, and she's been educated? Thanks!

- Kimberly

So it looks like DPF has made an impact! WOOT!

I just got an email from Kimbery Hill, who I am assuming is the owner of the travel company who runs the blog. This is what she said:

Hi, Alex! Would you please let your forum friends know the blog post is deleted, the agent will remove her pin, and she's been educated? Thanks!

- Kimberly

Wow! Awesome job you guys! And great catch Jenna! ;)

- Kimberly

yay!
We are all powerful (bwahahahahaha)
ok, I'm done.

New update. I had responded to the email saying that we'd be happy to help out in any way we can, and they'd like us to write an article for them! I'll post more info about it later today (I'm at work right now playing with explosives. Seriously.), including the email she sent me. If we do write an article for them, it should be a forum project to help new pin traders and explain how it works and what to be aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back