• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION What is a Zap?

Wow. That's amazing to hear that people on this forum are such kind people. This concept is so wonderful, like to get mail and see you have been zapped, that would put a smile on anyone's face!
I'm new here so I wasn't sure what zapped was.
This thread is super informative.
Can't wait til I get some more pins, then maybe I can zap someone and make their day all you pin traders are amazing!

I had seen this term on the site and had no idea what it meant, i've been on other forums where gifting someone was just called "gifting", but i like the name "Zap". thanks for writing these informative topics, they make everything so much easier to understand.

How does one zap someone?

First you choose somebody you want to zap and then you pm somebody with a very large address book (like me) and ask them for the address. Zaps can be anything, not just pins. This time of year freshly made treats make wonderful zaps, but it could be something local that you send. For instance I live in Seattle so Salmon is a popular zap we send out.