What ya watchin’?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Ajk, Nov 30, 2019 at 6:35 PM.

1. Ajk

Ajk Part of the family.

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

I thought that rather than list the holiday shows we like to watch again this year, we could list what we actually do watch. So as you get your holiday film fix this year, feel free to share here. Let’s live stream our viewing!

I’ll start.

I just finished watching Klaus on Netflix. It’s very good. I declare a new classic. It’s kind of a remake/update of Santa Claus is Coming to Town which is one of my all time favorites. (I love a good origin story.) But still had a lot of originality. And a bit of a Tim Burton vibe. Or at least Edward Gory. I really love the carrot girl. (You’ll see who I mean.). If you haven’t seen it yet, I recommend checking it out if you have Netflix.

pincrazy and krand1276 like this.
  2. MasteringMatt

MasteringMatt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

I have already watched the Rankin & Bass Frosty the Snowman and Frosty Returns. I will let you what I add to the lis as it grows.

Ajk likes this.
  3. noone

noone Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Hmm, been watching some oldies, Bing Crosby and the Sounds of Christmas (1971 TV Special), Beverly Hillbillies - Home for Christmas, Christmas Inheritance on Netflix, Bob Hope's Holiday Specials on Amazon Prime, and Home Improvement "The Flight Before Christmas" which was hillarious.

(Get Tv ran a continuous Bing Crosby Specials marathon over the thanksgiving or black friday 24 hour period so we recorded those to watch later on. And same thing with Me Tv which has been running alot of holiday classic tv episodes that we are recording as well. So between over air tv and netflix and prime we are finding ourselves with quite a few good new options to watch this year. :))

Oh and we found the "Best Christmas Channel Ever 2019" on Roku where we watched Jack Benny go christmas shopping that was fun too. Really enjoying the older classics this year :D

4. SoraPandora

SoraPandora I'm SoraPandora again!

Rating - 100%
    153   0   0

So far I’ve watched Olaf’s Frozen Adventure - and Frozen itself - if that counts! (Have not seen Frozen 2 yet.)

I’ve also watched Home Alone, and caught about half of The Santa Clause yesterday.

Looking forward to watching my favorite, Miracle on 34th Street soon... along with Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas - and Elf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajk and akarih like this.
  5. Ajk

Ajk Part of the family.

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

I never got into Frosty. Not sure why. Just haven't.

6. Ajk

Ajk Part of the family.

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

I don't think I have ever seen any of those. Will need to check them out!

7. Ajk

Ajk Part of the family.

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

Olaf is definitely on my list. I discovered Elf a couple of years back when my local theater did a production of the stage version. I liked it a lot!

SoraPandora likes this.
  8. DDCakes

DDCakes Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

I watched an AMC Christmas movie marathon recently and caught National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Fred Claus, Four Christmases, and Christmas with the Kranks. I also watched The Christmas Chronicles and Klaus on Netflix, and Noelle on Disney+.

Ajk likes this.
  9. Ajk

Ajk Part of the family.

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

Man, I really need to step up my game. :D

10. MasteringMatt

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Disney Parks is live streaming the Candle Light Processional tonight from Epcot at 8:10pm Eastern Time. Neil Patrick Harris is the reader tonight. I know I will be watching.

Ajk likes this.
  11. MasteringMatt

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Tonight I also watched the 1989 Simpsons Christmas Special on Disney+. I remeber being 9 years old and having to watch this on the kitchen TV because nobody else wanted to watch it so I madde myself comfortable underneath the kitchen table with one of my blankets and watched it all by myself.

Ajk likes this.
  12. noone

noone Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Christmas Prince A Royal Engagement & Christmas Prince A Royal Wedding on netflix, the thrid movie in this set is supposed to come out tomorrow i think

Ajk likes this.
  13. SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    153   0   0

I also just rewatched the My Little Pony special “Best Gift Ever.” (It’s on Netflix!)

Don’t judge - I love it! The whole thing is about the ponies playing secret Santa and tracking down the most perfect possible gift for their person (pony).

It puts me in the mood when I’m putting my own gifts together. :)

Ajk and akarih like this.
  14. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I found bootleg versions of Avatar the Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra online(ATLA was basically my childhood) so I've been rewatching those!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ajk likes this.
  15. Ajk

Ajk Part of the family.

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

Some more I've never heard of! This is the most enlightening thread. :D

16. noone

noone Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Is this from the Original My Little Pony or the newer ones?

17. SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    153   0   0

The newer ones (Friendship is Magic).

[​IMG]

18. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

For the zillionth time It's a Wonderful life and Bells of Saint Mary's has been playing. I also love to watch the Great British Bake Off Show and they have 2 seasons of a holiday version that I will start watching when I am done with the current season I am watching. There is also another cooking show called Cake Wars: Christmas and I look forward to that every year.

Ajk likes this.
  19. Ajk

Ajk Part of the family.

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

Don't you love it when you get to the point where you can literally act out the entire movie by heart? :D

noone likes this.
  20. Ajk

Ajk Part of the family.

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

For the classics lovers, Charlie Brown is on tonight.

noone likes this.
  21. noone

noone Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Watched Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby on netflix. Didn't care for it at all. The first two movies in the series were a lot better this one didn't seem to be christmas at all and the whole story was just poor.

Also watched White Christmas on Netflix, such a great movie!!

bingandnelsonfan and Ajk like this.
  22. bingandnelsonfan

bingandnelsonfan Member

0   0   0

The only Christmas show we've done so far is the Father Brown TV show episode "The Star of Jacob". Going to work on putting up some Christmas garland and a few decorations this weekend, so we might try to start some Christmas movies. Or later in the month. Elizabeth and I are really wanting to watch "The Greatest Game Ever Played", and the weekend is the only time we get long enough to watch a movie, since Dad has to go to bed early during the week and TGGEP is rather long! :)

23. bingandnelsonfan

bingandnelsonfan Member

0   0   0

Oh, I just saw yourmention of White Christmas! One of our favorites! Lizzy and I are waiting to do that one! Also "It Happened on 5th Ave." and "Come to the Stable"!

24. Ajk

Ajk Part of the family.

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

With all the White Christmas discussion I had to watch it tonight. I had never seen it before. But I have seen Holiday Inn so actually I kind of have seen it before. :p I knew they were similar but I hadn’t realized how similar. But I liked it. I especially found the mock of modern dance (or choreography) amusing. I wonder how Bob Fosse felt about it. :D