• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDW What's new with pin trading at WDW?

WDW What's new with pin trading at WDW?

kriscar

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Hello DPFers!
We are headed to Orlando in late April for a cheer competition and squeezing in 2 days at the parks.
I haven't pin traded seriously since Feb 2011 and this will be first time pin trading with my 9 year old daughter.
(She has been oogling my pins for a long time now and we enjoy looking/reorganizing them)
What's new in pin trading world? Etiquette still the same but cast members have boards instead of lanyards?
If I'm looking for some serious trading (LE's/older pins) where would I go? We will be there 5 nights / 6 days but only 2 days at parks due to cheer activities.
We're doing Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, and Disney Springs is really close to our hotel.

Saturday April 23rd for your "serious Trading"
Disney Pin Trading (MousePinTrading):
Ballroom off the main lobby at the Holiday Inn at Disney Springs
1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd., Lake Buena Vista, 32830
Event Time is 8am to 4pm local time
Please search by their name on Facebook to go to their public page for all info about Event

I'll be there in the afternoon with my Tigger ears on. Hope you can make it. :tigger:

Basically there are pin board and mystery boxes (similar to when they did the vinylmation mystery boxes) to trade from. You ask in each shop because the map they have shows only locations for the mystery boxes.

Basically there are pin board and mystery boxes (similar to when they did the vinylmation mystery boxes) to trade from. You ask in each shop because the map they have shows only locations for the mystery boxes.
Thank you! I did not realize that!

Just be aware that the majority of what you will find on boards will likely be scrappers/fakes, along with current/recent hidden mickeys. So consider what you're willing to part with as traders accordingly. (i.e. if you paid $10/each for your open edition pins, do you want your little one trading those for a bunch of scrappers? If instead you want to invest in some cheaper trading pins, please do not buy pin lots on ebay - those are 99% fakes and we don't need more in circulation - instead, check the sales boards here for some pins you can buy for trade.)

Just be aware that the majority of what you will find on boards will likely be scrappers/fakes, along with current/recent hidden mickeys. So consider what you're willing to part with as traders accordingly. (i.e. if you paid $10/each for your open edition pins, do you want your little one trading those for a bunch of scrappers? If instead you want to invest in some cheaper trading pins, please do not buy pin lots on ebay - those are 99% fakes and we don't need more in circulation - instead, check the sales boards here for some pins you can buy for trade.)
Yes I bought some traders from summerskin here on boards earlier this week.
I think my daughter will likely want the hidden Mickey sets.
Is Disney springs still best spot for biggest collection of pins?

Back