Where does this heart set come from?

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Papaya, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Papaya

Papaya Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hallo guys, I tried to search on my own, but PinPics AND Google was of no help. What are those pins? I can't find if they're Disney, BoxLunch, Loungefly etc, what year are they from, anything!

[​IMG]

2. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

'Tis from Walmart off the interstate of one-hundred-and-ninety-two. There should be an inscription on the back that says "MII". This stands for Monogram International Inc.

Honestly, it could be from any Walmart or Publix around WDW or DLR.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Papaya, krand1276 and akarih like this.
  3. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

We've had them for a year and a half now and still haven't found anything about them! Ours actually have the pin trading logo, I believe, with a 2018 date, I think. I'd have to lok to be positive. But, they are really cute!

Papaya likes this.
  4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

I appreciate the information... I pulled Mickey Mouse off a DLR board a month or so ago and was wondering also. Thanks for asking this question @Papaya. :cool:

Papaya likes this.
  5. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    530   0   0

The only place I've seen them has been on ebay, sold on a large card that is typical for scrappers....

Picture for sample:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some sellers even still have them in the little bags with the red ziploc at the top...

Papaya and akarih like this.
  6. Papaya

Papaya Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I see, thanks a bunch, everyone! I saw that a trusted seller offers the Daisy one and well, it's really nice and I was interested. The Walmart bit makes sense, but wouldn't they be more commonly seen then? The waffle back does inspires hope of decent quality... I actually even wondered if they can be a set that wasn't officially released but somehow still " got out"

7. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

If they are Monogram pins, they probably shouldn't have the waffle back. You can see in the scrapper photo that the waffle back on the pins pictured is typical of scrappers. It is uneven and has a border around he edge.

Papaya likes this.
  8. Papaya

Papaya Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I see! But then the question is, what are they even scrappers of? What are the originals? Such a mystery

TonkaToy likes this.
  9. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    48   1   0

Interesting development. My sister traded for the Donald in the park once and it had the MII back, but this just keeps getting more and more interesting. Perhaps the factory that makes them produces both MII and Disney pins.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Papaya likes this.
  10. Papaya

Papaya Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Does your sister's Donald have an all yellow A in "Donald" or it has the blue middle? I noticed that both Donald and Daisy have all yellow/all grey As in one version (the waffle back one) and other pictures show the As filled in correctly. I wonder if the correct As also have Mickey waffle back or not.

I asked the seller for close up of both sides and they have the Daisy with an overfilled A (all grey) and the Mickey back print.

I think I might get it even if it's a scrapper, it's really adorable and kinda rare. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  11. stratasfan

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I don't know if they are scrappers or not in the end, but I have Mickey and Minnie (although I'm not sure if I'm keeping Minnie anymore) and they are really cute and feel and look really nice, too! So, if they appeal to you . . . you shouldn't be afraid to get them/it! They don't look as lousy as some really lousy fakes/counterfeits/scrappers we've had/seen before. :)

TonkaToy and Papaya like this.
  12. Papaya

Papaya Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Ok, I bought her! :) Again thanks everyone for discussion! I will post a clear close up of the back, etc. once she's with me, but that can take some time since I'm currently "gathering" pin orders with this seller (shipping from US to Europe is expensive, so I'm buying 1-2 pins at a time with shipping on hold, till I buy 10 pins total).

Someday I'll need to find a Donald to that Daisy! :donald:

13. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    530   0   0

So, someone on FB asked the same question about these hearts....

And guess what?! Someone posted this picture of the pins on original card! They are from Shanghai!!!

[​IMG]

14. stratasfan

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

So, I wonder if there are these pins out there with a Shanghai back stamp!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2020
  15. Papaya

Papaya Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Just wanted to say the Daisy I bought is of the "Mickey head stamp, border" variety. Year says 2018 and that's it.

[​IMG]