Would you like a post card with a Main St. USA postmark?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by TonkaToy, Dec 20, 2019.

1. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

2. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Is this something they still do? I was told at sometime that they stopped doing it. If they still do it, that's great!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

3. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Oh no - well - I don't know! I'll have to do some research.

4. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Looks like WDW may still do this. The post card will also get an Orlando post mark added to it from the USPS. I have sent a message to the Disney guest services email to see if I can get an official confirmation.

I also found this article from this year:

Magical Mail At Magic Kingdom! Did You Know?

However, I think it has been discontinued at Disneyland, based on comments I see on the net.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

krand1276 likes this.
  5. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

I wish I had known that. I just sent a bunch of postcards when we were in Orlando. I would have sent them from there.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

6. noone

noone Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Yeah, i was going to mail my christmas cards with the disneyland postmark from ca, which they still did at the end of the 90's but when i researched it earlier in the month i saw online that they didn't seem to believe it was still done here in california anymore. Which i think is a shame. If they still do it in orlando i would like one, that would be fun :)

7. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

@noone - I am still waiting to hear back from Guest Services, but PM me your address just in case I can get this done. :)

8. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

@krand1276 and @noone

Here is the reply from Disney World. :)

Let me know if you would like a card.

I can have it post marked at City hall and mail it in an envelope (so it doesn't get an Orlando stamp) or I can mail it direct and it will have both postmarks on it. City Hall and Orlando.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Nina,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Sending mail just got a little more magical! There's something great about adding a little pixie dust to your mail while on vacation for a more magical experience for the mail recipient.

Special postmarks are available inside City Hall-a Cast Member will stamp your mail with a little extra magic upon request.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website (only available on the US site). Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Brittany
    eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit

9. noone

noone Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Woo Hoo, sent you a pm :)

10. DDCakes

DDCakes Active Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

I would really love one if it isn’t too much trouble. :meeko:

TonkaToy likes this.