• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Would you make this trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest probably not. Value wise, from what I remember of the Stitch and Briar Rose, it wouldn't be a good trade. When I was actively trading the Stitch was worth $70. Even if its worth $100 now, the BT is still way more valuable. Maybe if the trader adds a bit more.

Depends on how badly you want the Stitch pin. If you really want it, make the trade. If it's just a nice pin to have, don't trade.

Yeh it depends....i mean im still old school --To me the Brave BT is essentially a $15 pin...and if that pin is top on your list than that is what it cost you to get it. I also think down the road Brave will come down a bit. I collect Brave so im dying for that pin but all in all that film does not have a ton of collectors.

Just my rose colored glasses point of view. Or trade it to me!:naughty:

How difficult is it to find the pin you want? Yes Brave BT is valuable but you paid $15+tax for it. I suppose if the stitch in isn't hard to find you can sell Brave BT and use that money to buy the pin you want and have some money left over

How difficult is it to find the pin you want? Yes Brave BT is valuable but you paid $15+tax for it. I suppose if the stitch in isn't hard to find you can sell Brave BT and use that money to buy the pin you want and have some money left over

Trading is dead. This is mentality people have now.

I personally think this is a pretty fair trade. The Brave BT may be ever-so-slightly more valuable (at the moment) but I don't feel this would be a lopsided trade at all. As with any trade one pin is most likely more valuable than the other...it is rare that a trade is completely 100% equal...especially because it is subjective and personal value plays into most trades as well.

The Brave BT is overhyped right now because it just came out, but I suspect it will settle around the Princess and the Frog/Enchanted BT prices (around $80-$130 ish). I would place the Stitch Briar Rose pin in the $80-$100 range so maybe *at this very moment* the Brave BT is slightly more valuable but in a few months / year from now I would say they are pretty equal.

They are both from sought-after categories (older Disney Auctions, Beloved Tales). The Stitch Briar Rose pin is 9 years old, and the Brave BT just came out...but Beloved Tales is a sought-after collection and their are BT completists...so right now I would say the Stitch pin is harder to find but over time they would even out.

So in my eyes this wouldn't be a bad trade...just depends which pin you want more. :)

This illustrates the struggle between different trading styles:

Brave Beloved TaleStitch & Briar RoseEdge
LE300500Slight Edge to Brave
Ratio23:105 or 1:48:212 or 1:26.5Significant edge to Stitch (five times harder to trade for)
Secondary Market$150-250 (avg. $200, slight downward trend)$100 (no recnt sales)Large Edge to Brave (twice as expensive)

There are other factors also (age of the pins, the initial cost, etc; but those are really washes). In this case, I think LE / locations are washes on this one. Both are about the same LE (with a slight edge to Brave); while Brave was only released at one place, the Stitch is older and only released on the internet.

This leads to the competing current value vs.current ration issue.

Assuming I want Beloved Tales

If I base my trades more on ratio then secondary market, I would not trade my Stitch Aurora for the Brave BT one-for-one; unless I wanted the Beloved Tale Brave for my main collection. The Beloved Tales pin will always be more available that the Stitch Aurora.

If I base my trades more on the secondary market value than ratios, I would trade my Stitch in heartbeat for the Brave BT.

Assuming I want the Stitch.

If I bases trades off the secondary market, I would not trade my Brave BT for the Stitch Aurora. I can sell the Beloved Tale for twice its price and buy it.

As for ratios, I had purchased the Beloved Tale at $15; and wanted the stitch for my main collection, I would jump at that trade. I might negotiate for something extra. But to spend $15 to get $100 pin is decent trade.

So it really depend on which pin you are looking to acquire, why you want it, and your own philosophy.

kajtdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back